OS4.5 Public Beta discussion

• Can someone elaborate a little further what the Anakey mods do exactly?
    I tried them and it seems that they simply apply a static offset. Are those offsets meant to change randomly over time?

It's a set of static offsets that vary per key, in order to simulate the irregularities of analog gear.

• ok, still having issues here

at rehearsal, the Audio IN's for the virus stopped working all together
    (with the virus being used as a soundcard and no instance of virus control loaded)
    i had to dig out a crappy behringer usb audio interface that was lying around to fix the problem,
    and stop using the virus as a soundcard just to get through the rehearsal
    lots of time wasted troubleshooting that till i had to give up and move on.

this was when using the virus as an audio and midi interface but not using virus control.

also, the first time i booted up my live set
    the midi interface part of the virus wasnt working.
    it would appear in the list of midi ports, properly enabled as it always has been.
    but the external midi port simply wasnt receiving anything.

i connect 2 controller keyboards via USB to my laptop
    and the virus via USB to my laptop
    the external midi input on the virus is receiving midi patch changes from my band mates pc running reaper (who's running the backing tracks for our set)

so basically, i had no patch changes at all.
    if this happened at a gig i'd be screwed, and i wouldnt know until we'd started the set
    restarting the laptop and the virus fixed this.

also, for a track we'd been working on in Reaper (other members of my band use Reaper exclusively)
    with VC
    i had all the virus sounds drop in volume and become very distorted when using the USB outs
    but they sounded fine when using the analog outs

the sounds seem to change every time i played the project too.

basically stuff was not responding the way it should.

basically, the Virus
    which is normally the piece of hardware i can rely on when all else goes wrong
    is having strange, serious, intermittent problems

anyone else having these issues?
    any suggestions of things to try?
    or should i downgrade for the time being?
    (in the past i've never had any issues with the Virus Beta's)

• I'm having an issue with the Virus Polar TI2 and OS 4.5 in Logic 9.1.3 and Ableton 8.2.2.:

Certain times when I fire the Virus up, all patches sound distorted. Deleting the instance, restarting the DAW doesn't seem to fix it. But, resetting using the 'Arp Edit' seems to work. Anyone else experience this issue?

Yes, i had this at rehearsal when running VC in Reaper
    (on mac)

• Me too.

• has anyone else noticed that the timing seems to be off via MIDI?? It used to rock solid but with 4.5 it seems a bit all over the place meaning I have to shift tracks in Logic...might switch back to previous version

cheers

Rob

• this that with or without using virus control?

marc

Hi Marc, this was not using VC/USB just MIDI via my MT4. It was rock solid before over MIDI, last week even with quantisation I had to move the track to get it in time but will spend some more time with it later this week hopefully..busy scoring a short film at the mo with has no synth parts!!! ;( ...yes, Im not happy about that either!! lol :P Cheers Rob

• After moving my recording system to a new notebook (bought only for recording), I am facing massive problems with the TI audio driver 2.8.45. ?(

And here we go:
    - Notebook W7/64 with 4Gb RAM and Intel i5 (2nd generation).
    - Access TI beta 4.5 (64bit)

When running Kontakt in my sequencer (Sonar X1) and starting TI control in the DAW, I suddenly got massive latency problems playing Kontakt instruments. After deactivating the TI plugin everything went back to normal.

So I downloaded DPC latency checker (a very handy tool for this kind of problems) and immediately got a warning that "some device drivers on this machine behave bad and wil ptrobably cause dropouts ..." etc.
    My first suspicion were the wireless network adapters, but deactivating them didn't change much.

BUT: deactivating the Access Virus Audi driver 2.8.45 hat the critical latency values immediately drop from ~2500ms down to ~600ms (and that means back to normal).

Timo, Marc, I guess this should urgently be checked.
    As it is, I can't use the present TI system as plugin in recording with that brand new 64bit notebook, only via midi/standalone audio.
    Something is definitely going wrong there!

• I seem to be getting crackles all over the place with 4.5. I never had problems with crackling before (although I have read about it from various users over the years). Now if I turn a knob (while using VC), I get subtle crackling, almost like a digital variant of a loose analog connection. I haven't messed with buffer settings yet, although nothing has changed in my setup and this hasn't ever been a problem in the last 5 years that I've had the Virus.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Rolled back to last official release, crackling gone. Hopefully this can get sorted before the official 4.5 release.

My specs:
    DAW: Live 8.2.1
    MOBO: Asus M4A78 Pro
    Processor: AMD Phenom II Quad 2.8 GHz
    RAM: 3 GB (4 installed)
    Soundcard: EMU 1616m PCI
    Buffer: 528
    I run Live at 88.2 kHz, 32 bit. Virus not plugged into hub.

• I seem to be getting crackles all over the place with 4.5. I never had problems with crackling before (although I have read about it from various users over the years). Now if I turn a knob (while using VC), I get subtle crackling, almost like a digital variant of a loose analog connection. I haven't messed with buffer settings yet, although nothing has changed in my setup and this hasn't ever been a problem in the last 5 years that I've had the Virus.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes,me! :pinch:

Windows xp 32bit
    Intel Pentium double core 3.2GHz
    4Go Ram double canal
    Ableton Live 8.1 suite
    Virus Ti Keyboard

• Hello to eveyone,
    I seem to deal an noise problem when i use the virus to jam.
    I have noise in the output,noise that isnt just there when i use it in daw mode.
    thats all.
    thanks for the synth by the way access..
    its just makes you better

• Just downloaded and enjoyed new features, but I found a sort of bug.

Preset called two flutes (included in somebody's signature set 2009), with chorus changed from classic to vintage and then tried to activate distortion on the same page "wide" - Virus stopped to sound. I needed to boot up Virus Controller and then reboot DAW. I just tried with this particular preset as of now....