OS4.5 Public Beta discussion

• Using the Virus as a sound card til my Apogee Duet 2 shows up. Getting crackles when turning up the inputs in edit config. I tried unplugging, then arp/edit to reset virus. (min to max on buffers too) Same thing again and again... I reverted back to 4.1.1 and it's working fine. I'm in the middle of a project and need stability, so I'm going to continue without the new OS. Alpha Juno is working a lot harder these days. Virus Ti 1 is basically a very expensive controller right now. I miss My Virus KC!

P.S this isn't the first issue I've had so far:(
    Anyone else having the same issues?

Mac intel I7 2.66 with 8GB
    Vers. 10.6.7

• I was using the Virus as my soundcard in Logic and audio would cut out all the time. It would require me
    to reset the buffer in order to hear audio again. Not very stable as a soundcard in Logic. I just got a Duet 2
    a few days ago and audio hasn't cut out once yet. I also think the Virus hypes the low end of mixes because
    compared to the Duet 2 there's a lack of bass compared to the Virus.

• I was using the Virus as my soundcard in Logic and audio would cut out all the time. It would require me
    to reset the buffer in order to hear audio again. Not very stable as a soundcard in Logic. I just got a Duet 2
    a few days ago and audio hasn't cut out once yet. I also think the Virus hypes the low end of mixes because
    compared to the Duet 2 there's a lack of bass compared to the Virus.

in another mail you state to get error messages indicating that there is a communication problem going on. sounds like this is just another side effect of the same issue.
    marc

• in another mail you state to get error messages indicating that there is a communication problem going on. sounds like this is just another side effect of the same issue.
    marc

No the communication error happened when I tried to change the sample rate in Logic. Something
    the Virus isn't capable of doing it seems.

• No the communication error happened when I tried to change the sample rate in Logic. Something
    the Virus isn't capable of doing it seems.

it seems difficult to help you that way. maybe you could assume a little less? virus control is totally fine with higher sampling rates. i know, yours is not but what do you really expect me to argue with your what features are supported and which ones are not? or which error message means what? i'm only trying to help you to _solve_ your issue by pointing you in a possible direction.
    marc

• it seems difficult to help you that way. maybe you could assume a little less? virus control is totally fine with higher sampling rates. i know, yours is not but what do you really expect me to argue with your what features are supported and which ones are not? or which error message means what? i'm only trying to help you to _solve_ your issue by pointing you in a possible direction.
    marc

The Virus can change sample rates??? Please let us know how to do it in Logic Pro. I can't find anything on the internet about it.
    All I get is the error when I try to change sample rates in Logic.

• Thank You.

Hello there.
    Been waiting for next ver. a long time.
    It seems that everything is falling to place.
    All there is to do is take notice of what is happening in the right downside corner of the TI2`s display before hitting record or play.

pc:
    Cubase 6.02 with Echo Firewire connected to q6600, asus p5q,8gb ram,64bit windows 7.
    Lots of arped patches.
    Synced.

And no error when shutting down or quitting projects in cubase 5 32bit or Cubase 6 32 !
    :D

caf

• Hi there,
    Seems to be too many problems with new TIOS... After occasional sync errors in 4.5.0.16 (with Cubase 5) and VERY slow video performance of Virus GUI in Cubase, now the video is ok, no sync errors, but - latency of the tracks is to be set manually! Yes, that chorus of my old Juno 60 is really good, but for sequencing tasks this delay compensation is quite bad... Unfortunatelly, I decided to downgrade to last official TIOS (4.1.1.05), and everything is fine... No Juno-esque chorus, though! Oh, my... Waiting for the next official release!