Future Virus requests

• Hey everyone,

We have a thread going for requests for OS4, etc. on the TI. We don't have a thread for requests for future editions of the Virus. Specifically, things that are obviously not achieveable on the TI, for instance. I know the TI2 has only just come out, but I guess they have to start planning some time and why not help Access brainstorm? I have a couple of suggestions (just throwing them out there) that would obviously fit the bill for various reasons...

- Sampling, I mentioned this in another thread but i think it's more relevant here. What I mean, really, is multisampling, drum samples, etc. Something like either having onboard SSD memory, or, to make it cheaper, an SD card slot so you can shove in your own memory based on your own needs.

- Possibly, less realistically, built in VST host - A lot of dedicated hardware VST hosts are cropping up, could it be possible to include this in a future virus.

- As an extension of the sampling, some basic sequencing - im not after turning the virus into a workstation, here, because that is definitely not what im after, here - but the ability to sequence drum patterns or synth parts in a very basic form would be cool...

Any other ideas, guys?

• More knobs on the 61 key interface. The waldorf Q is a good example of what I mean, the rack units have less knobbage (as would the polar and desktop), but the 61 key has knobs for everything.

I'd really like a knob for oscillator type, switches for filter configurations, knobs for keytracking, a knob for portamento, ringmod amount, and basically anything that the shift button currently activates

• More knobs on the 61 key interface. The waldorf Q is a good example of what I mean, the rack units have less knobbage (as would the polar and desktop), but the 61 key has knobs for everything.

I'd really like a knob for oscillator type, switches for filter configurations, knobs for keytracking, a knob for portamento, ringmod amount, and basically anything that the shift button currently activates

Perhaps new types of control, too? Like a jog wheel for patch selection/parameter change, X/Y joystick (unless that is under patent or something annoying like that), touch screen LCD which can double as another type of soft control...

• A modular Virus like reaktor, Nord G2 or Arturia origin.

The virus is already fairly modular, though - you can switch things in and out as you like and have the different oscillators in separate modes - i guess the only thing you could change would be multiple instances of FX/filters and the order that they occur in (though for the majority of the FX chain it really doesnt matter...)