OS4.5 Poll

• What is your OS4.5 experience? 31

1. It works great on my system. (9) 29%
    2. I only have some minor glitches. (9) 29%
    3. I am having some syncing issues. (7) 23%
    4. My DAW is crashing. (6) 19%

I was wondering how everyone's experience with the new beta is.

• i'm having serious issues
    but my DAW isnt crashing

just audio problems... coming out of VC really quiet and distorted as
    sometimes the midi interface part isnt being recognised
    sometimes the audio input (when using Virus as a soundcard) isnt working and sometimes its receiving whitenoise

levels in my multi patches seem to be different sometimes :/ (possibly user error? maybe i'm just going crazy on that one)
    but a patch that used to be too loud, is now really quiet, i have to boost the part to +63 in the multi mode to get a reasonable level
    (but its really loud when i open the single patch that the multi is referencing... i dont know what i'm doing wrong here)

some of the new chorus's dont seem to have as much effect as they should
    and the knob to turn them up in VC looks different to the others (i saw someone else mention this somewhere too)

are any of these known issues?

computer i use is a early 2011 macbook pro 13" 2.7Ghz i7 on snow leopard 10.6.7
    sequencers i've had issues with are Ableton live 8.2.1 and Reaper 3.75/64 osx version (i know reaper isnt officially supported, but it used to work fine)

• Yeah, I noticed that the classic chorus send amount knob in VC does not have the lite up ring around it anymore and Arps seem like that take a few extra measures to sync up. I have had VC crash on me a few time too, along with Live. I hope it is just some Beta issues.

• I do not understand how Access manages it to always introduce new problems with new versions. I mean, they do not rewrite the whole Code everytime.
    Why does adding some new chorus effects fuck up the rest?

i've looked at the support statistics and 4.5 seems to be a happy release. in fact, i think things got really good and stable. i know this might look different when you look at the forum but one should keep in mind that posters tend to write about problems instead of posting success stories all the time.
    as for "Why does adding some new chorus effects fuck up the rest?" you are totally right. many complains received for OS 4.5. on this board highlight changes (to the worse) where no changes in software were made. we are totally dedicated to help everybody out but sometimes it would be just nice if some wouldn't assume that their problem is of a generic nature.

cheers, marc

ps. the user interface problems many people mention are a simple misunderstanding for instance. the new choruses do not necessarily have a mix control. as for Ionis' post above i must admit that we didn't check that so far.

• i've looked at the support statistics and 4.5 seems to be a happy release. in fact, i think things got really good and stable. i know this might look different when you look at the forum but one should keep in mind that posters tend to write about problems instead of posting success stories all the time.

Half the people moaning about problems were the ones telling access to rush with the update in the first place

Not to say there aren't problems as there are one or two little annoyances (I've already mentioned one about the panic button I think) but it's hardly anything too frequent on my snow at least.

• i've looked at the support statistics and 4.5 seems to be a happy release. in fact, i think things got really good and stable. i know this might look different when you look at the forum but one should keep in mind that posters tend to write about problems instead of posting success stories all the time.
    as for "Why does adding some new chorus effects fuck up the rest?" you are totally right. many complains received for OS 4.5. on this board highlight changes (to the worse) where no changes in software were made. we are totally dedicated to help everybody out but sometimes it would be just nice if some wouldn't assume that their problem is of a generic nature.

cheers, marc

ps. the user interface problems many people mention are a simple misunderstanding for instance. the new choruses do not necessarily have a mix control. as for Ionis' post above i must admit that we didn't check that so far.

Sorry, I use the TI for to long, on different systems and there have always been problems,. always. You say we should not forget all the happy customers, who do not post here. That's right and old news.
    You, however, should not forget all the silent unhappy customers, who silently revert back to old versions or who simply do not update so often, who do not appear in your "happy database".

• Sorry, I use the TI for to long, on different systems and there have always been problems,. always. You say we should not forget all the happy customers, who do not post here. That's right and old news.
    You, however, should not forget all the silent unhappy customers, who silently revert back to old versions or who simply do not update so often, who do not appear in your "happy database".

i'm sure that there is a number of people who just don't say something. both ways, so for the sake of simplicity can we just leave them out of the equation? we get most of our stats by analyzing the traffic on our support ticket system. that seems to allow us to get more accurate figures.
    marc

• And this thread helps the silent ones to leave their system intact , while being "in a productive enviroment" and update when almost everything seems to go well. Virus forums saved me a lot of headache especially in the 1.xx TI updates!!