Bizarre, completely unintelligible noise produced by VIrus TI2 Desktop

• Hello, I recently purchased a Virus TI2 from Amazon and I have loved it.

However, I went to sit down and have fun with it, and I opened up a track I have been working on in Ableton. To my dismay, none of the tracks coming from the virus play correctly anymore...they don't trigger at the correct time and they also sound nothing like their patches, they just sound like ear damaging, speaker damaging random noises. I tried resetting my system, resetting the Virus, etc. But as soon as I open Ableton, the LFO and BPM lights on the Virus start flashing like crazy, completely unrhythmic and then everything I play sounds terrible. Even the demo song will not play correctly!

I am using a Windows 7 64x, Intel i3 @ 2.13 ghz, with 4GB of RAM.

Can someone please lead me through a step by step to figure out what is wrong? I already made sure the Virus is on a USB hub with nothing else on it, but I don't know why that would be the reason as the Virus was working perfectly a week ago. Now, with absolutely no changes to my system save turning it off a couple times, I have a $2000 paperweight that spews random noise.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

• :( Firstly ouch! But I had a very similar thing, although mine didn't do this ALL the time, just randomly but only when running it via USB. Via MIDI and the audio outs it was fine. There are a few posts on here already about people mentioning white noise/static from the audio feed via USB. Have you tried running it via MIDI?, I think you will find if you do and run the audio out of 1 & 2 it will be fine. The second thing is that Access dont have tech support staff on here so although there is plenty of help on here from users its prob best to talk to their tech support direct as well. Finally I have to say we couldnt solve it with mine, so I don't use USB but I did try the new beta 4.5 and from what little time I did try it the noise DID NOT APPEAR!...did still have sync issues though with Logic 9/Mac Pro.

• i would have been surprised if a driver update would help. get in touch with support, they'll help you troubleshoot your system. this is not a generic problem.

thanks, marc

You would Marc? really? Thats the first thing tech support told me to do......reinstall the OS and the Ti AU.

EDIT: actually NOT the first thing, we tried removing all devices from USB chain, we tired different USB ports, we tried quite a bit. THe last thing when all other suggestions were exhausted was to reinstall the OS and AU, still didn't work but Jorg was great! :) I do keep hearing it's not a generic problem, but there does seem a raft of problems with the Virus and USB. Admitedly you only ever see problems on forums never.."hey it all works no problems!!" :thumbup: but is there ANYONE out there that has got a Virus Ti2 Desktop machine actually running with Logic 9 via USB on a Mac Pro (late 2009 model) working???? :S :thumbup:

• soniklab,

i guess most people post to a forum when they have a problem, not necessarily when everything is thumbs up. i'm here to help you but this way i can't. i'm sitting here in front of a MacPro from mid '08 i think and yes, it is working.

marc

:) do you want to swap (joke)..lol Mac Pro 6GB RAM, 1TB of HD, one careful owner!! :D :D :D :D :D cheers Marc, Rob.

• I just got my Virus Ti2 Desktop yesterday from Amazon.com (8th Street)...so excited, plug it in...made sure as the tutorial to keep a special USB port for it...so i gave it port 1 .... i'm using a PC with Windows 7 X64...

Tried it with Ableton Live 8, and with Presonus Studio one V2 in 32 and 64 bit...and all I get is pure noise...so it's not a logic issue or mac...that's a VST issue...cause when I tried the direct output, it sounded ok...

when I plug the vst to the DAW all i get is pure noise...white noise, and it get stuck sometimes till i press PANIC button...

For some reason after i setup the driver, only Virus Ti USB 2.8.45 is ok ...in other Devices it shows me Midi Device Unknown, and Sound, Video and game controllers I get a Virus ti Audio with an Unknown sign on it...seems it's a driver issue...

Only thing i'm thinking of is my RME Fireface 400...I Think somehow it conflicts with the Virus Ti2 Audio sound in the computer...will give it a try and unplug it and try again!

Presonus Studio One Pro V2 + Ableton Live 8.2.8 8)
    RME Fireface 400 8o
    Access Virus Ti2 Desktop :thumbup:
    Axiom 49 + Axiom 25 ^^
    UC33e Midi Mixer :!:
    Windows 7 X64 :P
    i7-2600k CPU
    16 GB Corsair Ram