TIOS 3.2.0.07 Public Beta has been released (closed)

• This is a public beta which among other things includes experimental support for MacOS 10.6 (Both 32 bit and 64 bit). Audio side chaining is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase. The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment.

-VC: Improved sync with Apple Logic 8 and 9
    -VC: VST3 plug-ins were not saving their state reliably
    -HI: Tweaking Shift Osc Balance on hardware shows wrong parameter (fixed)
    -DR: Better handling of multi client audio streams on mac
    -DR: (MacOS X) Improved compatibility with Mac OSX 10.6
    -VC: Reaper (unsupported host) was crashing when VC was instantiated (fixed)
    -DR: Sound card audio can be distorted under certain circumstances (fixed, Mac OS X only)
    -VC: On some systems, parameters sporadically stop sending events (fixed)
    -VC: Automation data of VST3 Plug-In could not be edited in Cubase (fixed)

• 1. support for MacOS 10.6 (Both 32 bit and 64 bit).

[size=10]2. -VC: Reaper (unsupported host) was crashing when VC was instantiated (fixed)

1. is it much work to port the mac-64bit version into windows-64bit? sadly, no windows version atm :(

2. ...you support an unsupported host?

• woooot 64bit! woooot ilove you access!!! going to try right away! hahahahahaa wooww 8o

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• o my fuckingg *od. no fucking Windows 64bit support? You realy think more people using that stupid mac? come on for *hrist sake! Almost everybody got those windows Vista 64bit suported except Access. Why you only make support available for Mac? that we can decribe as discrimination......no joking..

• I made a big mess in my studio thrown everything a side to attach the TI to my system and tried that installer when it came up with the message (no windows 64bit support at this moment) or something like it.

Man i am seriously so dissapointed in these guys...

• monomeester, you want to work on your language, pretty please!

we don't have a preference on mac os or windows. but with an audio driver that doesn't work under 10.6 in 32bit mode we felt that there is a certain urgency to make things work again. i don't think there would be a benefit to anybody if we would have delayed the update just to make PC users not feel "discriminated" as you put it.

regards, marc

• Marc you really are cruel dangling the whole 64-bit carrot - maybe a message stating clearly - NO WIN x64 YET!!! or something like that ;(

Good to see the new versions still rolling out, though... :thumbup:

• well it feels wrong to me. Access could just bring a fix for the MAC OS and then another update for 64 bit support together with a Windows version yes it feels wrong to me.

An audio driver problem as excuse for giving Mac 64bit support before there is any information given about a possible WIndows 64bit support in the near future seems a little odd to me.

Sorry for my bad language but i realy freaked out for a second.

When can we expect any support on 64bit WIndows systems? prolly with the release of Windows 7 on 22th of Ocotber? Just a guess...

• people as i know the access team ,they are working on it,they want to create a rock driver

and also it's not a simple synth, i was a computer programmer for some smart card reader..

the commutation between hard and soft it's not easy.... specialty time synchronization

Best regards

• How can you be happy as you run a Windows basesd sys? There aren't any leads to Windows XP or Vista x64 support on short term.

• o i see now, it's not only about x64 support here. sorry dude.

• Thank you, thank you Access !!!!

Ok actually, I didn't make music with the new driver yet... BUT still, I was so happy to have my very expensive white soundcard at last able to play a sweet iTunes playlist on my speakers, just when I was in good company ... :thumbup:

So I hereby give your kext, the award of the most useful piece of 64-bit code I've ran in Snow Leopard so far :P

And to the whiners out there : who cares about Windows, girls prefer Macs (and Polars) anyway :D
    (kidding ... or maybe not!)

• There's obviously some emotion on this thread, but I for one want to thank Access's team for providing the beta 64-bit support for OS X 10.6.

The point here is that Apple released Snow Leopard a month ahead of schedule, which caught a lot of software developers off guard. For Access to release beta support in a little over a week, you have to give them some credit. I'm lucky enough to have a work computer running Snow Leopard and a personal computer that I don't need to upgrade yet, but not everybody is in that boat. My guess would be Access is working hard on providing 64-bit support for Windows as well, and as soon as they are happy with the quality you guys will see it released.

For all the guys using Windows and complaining - believe me that I feel your pain, since most software companies that support both platforms release Windows versions of their software ahead of the Mac versions. Sure, it would be nice for everybody to get the shiny new drivers at the same time, but since I'm a software engineer at my day job I know that the reality is you only have so many engineers and so much time in the day to get things done. On top of that, Microsoft and Apple provide vastly different architectures for their OSes, so I can only imagine how hard it is to provide feature parity across both platforms and coordinate release schedules.

In the future, if the Access team gets support working in one platform and not the other I hope they will continue to release whatever they have working regardless of which platform gets it first. At least that way, somebody is able to benefit as soon as the software is working.