TIOS 3.2.0.07 Public Beta has been released (closed)

• Okay,

Empty Logic 9 project
    Create an instrument track, insert TI VC 3 x Stereo
    Find an arp patch and get a 4 bar loop or whatever going
    create another instrument track with an arp patch from a different plugin (I was using Albino but it does it regardless of plugin on my system)
    Sequence that the same as the TI

That should be enough to replicate it. When you hit play the TI will make a buzzing sound, a bit like the atomizer effect and it will play out of time (if it triggers at all) until it catches up. If you select the TI instrument track, it comes in straight away without fail which is very nice.

System specs are Mac Pro 2,1 12GB RAM, Snow Leopard on 80GB Intel SSD, 3 x 500GB WD HDD (2 in RAID 0 for Audio, 1 for backup)

If you need anymore info please give us a shout, dinners ready!! :)

Cheers.

• Empty Logic 9 project
    Create an instrument track, insert TI VC 3 x Stereo
    Find an arp patch and get a 4 bar loop or whatever going
    create another instrument track with an arp patch from a different plugin (I was using Albino but it does it regardless of plugin on my system)
    Sequence that the same as the TI

That should be enough to replicate it. When you hit play the TI will make a buzzing sound, a bit like the atomizer effect and it will play out of time (if it triggers at all) until it catches up. If you select the TI instrument track, it comes in straight away without fail which is very nice.

yes, you're right, there is a new problem. we'll look into it.

marc

• yes, you're right, there is a new problem. we'll look into it.

marc

Yey!!! I'm so glad you could reproduce it. It's not a new problem for me, it's been like for a very long time! Very pleased you are looking into though, great news.

Cheers.

• Yey!!! I'm so glad you could reproduce it. It's not a new problem for me, it's been like for a very long time! Very pleased you are looking into though, great news.

you know what puzzles me? in the last years, on trade shows, i always did some sort of "jam session on the fly" type of demo. usually i was using Virus Control and Stylus for the drums. through i cannot say that i'm arpeggiating everything, for those demos, i always make use of arpeggiators and i never ran into the problem. the last set of demos i've done was at remix hotel in miami and i certainly didn't run into this issue. can you remember when this started for you?

best, marc

• ever thought about your hardware Matt? Did you use the same hardware back then as you used now? Maybe it has to do with a combination as not all hardware is identical i guess.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• you know what puzzles me? in the last years, on trade shows, i always did some sort of "jam session on the fly" type of demo. usually i was using Virus Control and Stylus for the drums. through i cannot say that i'm arpeggiating everything, for those demos, i always make use of arpeggiators and i never ran into the problem. the last set of demos i've done was at remix hotel in miami and i certainly didn't run into this issue. can you remember when this started for you?

best, marc

Can't remember to be honest marc. Maybe it was when Logic 8 came out, can't be sure. Were you using Mac&Logic at these shows etc? I've contacted support about this for a long time now and we have been through everything and seen as my display has a slight fault it was recommended that the main board be checked if I sent it back to get that looked at and make sure it was not a fault with my TI. I can't afford that at the moment unfortunately so I'll have to live with it. Glad you could replicate though. Was it exactly as I described on your system? With regards to the display, I have found a fix, annoying but it seems to solve the problem when I'm using it. When it starts to go, a vertical line in the middle of my display dims slightly to begin with, but if I notice it and catch it in time, I go to config, hike the display contrast right up then right down and it seems to come back and stay back! If I miss it, I just reboot the TI and the line starts working again and will be fine for the session! Any way of hiking the voltage to the display up a bit from within the software? Might be all it needs! Anyway, sorry to stray, it was on my mind thats all.

Cheers,

• Can't remember to be honest marc. Maybe it was when Logic 8 came out, can't be sure. Were you using Mac&Logic at these shows etc?

i'm using logic since it started to exist, either on a mac book pro or an 8 core mac with protools HD. as for your problem, i'm glad that we can reproduce it - which also means that there is a good chance that we can iron it out.

best, marc

• Wow.. ya this is great on 10.6 with Logic 9... finally the arp stays in sync, as do all of the notes. Previously had to manually stop the seq and locate, then play.. Great!!
    Note, I did hear the short buzz problem on at least one occasion in the last 30 minutes.

Thanks for the beta update!!

• Hi Folks,

Just a small niggle I've found with this beta. Selecting a different USB output pair in VC results in a beach ball, stalling the system for a bit. But it does work eventually! I'm so fussy....

Cheers :)

• hi everyone,

i'm new here and just made a big 'system change' from LP7 + TIOS 3.0 + Leopard to LP9 + TIOS 3.2 + Snow Leopard.

Now everything seems to work fine apart from the inputs on my Polar TI2. I use it with Virus Control and as a sound card too and the inputs became very noisy after the upgrades.. It's a digital and constantly changing noise as i adjust the sensitivity. Also if i send a signal in, the noise behaves like a soft digital distortion..

Is there any solution for this or has anybody experienced the same ?

thanks for helping
    greetings
    Attila

• this update seems to work better with logic 8, but i cant make a real judgment as it keeps crashing logic! im sure the final update will not do this, but ive got back to 3.1 now and i hope you guys bring out 3.2 soon as 3.0/3.1 have so many sync problems with logic and its really annoying... it worked much better with the old operating system.

im using 10.4.11 and still on the tiger osx

• just upgraded to snow leopard , logic 9 and this latest beta, everything working swimmingly. thanks access!!! Except for a short buzzing at the start of a loop when looping in logic!!!! Interestingly Ive got ableton live (in slave mode) and when i press play in live, it all loops without issue!!! only when i press play in logic.... curious. Never had it in numerous previous upgrades.

• This beta and the 3.1 version doesn't work fine on my macbook pro unibody 2.80 and leopard 10.5.8 and ableton 8.0.5
    The version before 3.1 works fine on my old macbook and tiger 10.4.11 with the same ableton. I have a virus snow.
    The patern changes on ableton make crazy the sync :cursing: and i have a live this friday!!