LFO Clock in Mod Matrix already!

• Please add the LFO Clock to the Mod Matrix so we can use a Soft Knob to change the clock value. In order to do it now I have to add the LFO Clock to an automation line inside my DAW then either use the Virus in Remote mode or another controller mapped to that automation line.

• +1 on tempo synced LFO rates in the mod matrix!

As far as vowel filter frequency, isn't that already available in the form of "frequency shifter frequency?" I'm not in front of my Virus right now, so I could be wrong, but I believe the matrix doesn't have separate names for the filtering options in the filter effects area.

• If you set it to "frequency shifter frequency" it will not control the Vowel Filter when chosen. This sucks because other fx parameters that use the same "knob" to adjust settings will do this, for instance the "dry/wet" or "amount" of the frequency shifter matrix equivalent will control it for all the fx in that region.

+1 again for LFO-Clock as a mod destination for soft knob control

• I very much doubt this will get added as a feature.

How would routing Filter Env to LFO Clock with +24 amount in the modulation slot affect an LFO running at 1/4? ?(

The problem is that each value for each clock speed occupies a range of values as opposed to one value.

Just automate the clock speed in a DAW to see!

Say I'm running a 1/8 LFO with the intent to modulate the speed to 3/8 but when I modulate the LFO Clock with a source the value is swept through the ranges that occupy 1/16, 1/24 etc, as the destination value is modulated undesired LFO rates will be heard. ;(

Automate the value in the DAW. :P

I can't understand why you're effectively asking for a feature that gives less control than what is already available. 8|

• But then, how can you achieve this effect playing live?

I'm not sure if the LFO rate knob becomes the LFO clock rate when synced LFOs are active but I'd give that knob a go first. ;)

Have fun turning that knob to the desired rate before you play each note!

Or record your bassline and then automate the clock rate in the DAW for teh wobblez 8o

• I wrote that in a recent thread, but I will write it again - If access do this, it will be a first, since they only use destinations that respond to continuous values. In the case of sync'ed LFO-s you are dealing with discrete fractions. Moreover, when playing typical dubsetp you need the LFO to alwyas be sync'ed to the bar so changing the sync ratio might cause the value sent by the LFO to "jump", or skeeming through the ratios might produce even weirder artifacts.
    I can think of two ways to overcome this: one is to create several bass patches, all identical except for the LFO ratio, split each one to a different octave (or two), in multi mode, now play the same note in a different octave to get the effect. The second way, which I like best because it looks cool performing live, is to use an IR proximity MIDI controller (such as Roland's D-beam) to send a MIDI controller number that will be routed via the matrix to all the wobble-making effects. No LFO is involved here, but the wobble will correspond to the movement of your hand, which I think is intuitive (just a little bit of tweaking and practice) and looks cool especially after I saw a few people actually dancing like this (moving their hands to the wobble).

• + 1 to synced LFO in mod matrix.

...Moreover, when playing typical dubsetp you need the LFO to alwyas be sync'ed to the bar so changing the sync ratio might cause the value sent by the LFO to "jump"
    ...I can think of two ways to overcome this: one is to create several bass patches, all identical except for the LFO ratio, split each one to a different octave (or two), in multi mode, now play the same note in a different octave to get the effect...

Firstly, you are right about the LFO clock needed to be synced. That's why unsynced, it's pointless. And that's exactly why I WANT it to jump from one value to another. Wouldn't it be brilliant be able to flick the mod wheel from zero to full travel on any down beat I want, and have the wobble change instantly in time. Done. Brilliant. That's why it needs to happen, and ramping between points would be very bad indeed. I don't want it to ramp.

Setting it up would be easy, link the wheel in the matrix, put it at full up position and select the new LFO rate. :thumbup:

Secondly, splitting the patches requires a new note to be triggered to get there. For me this might be the introduction of a new sound. If I want the wobble to change, I want it to change during the note I am playing. I can't see a way to work around it ...yet. But thanks for giving it a go! : - )

In fact, going a step further; if the matrix had absolute values instead of relative values, you could enter all the values of a totally different patch as the end point of the mod wheel travel. Moving the mod wheel could then morph between one patch and another (at least for the non-stepped values). RELATIVE values makes it difficult to arrive at a fixed sound, because who knows what a Cut-off of 37 plus a relative value of -17 is? What is that? 20? 29? 34?