Updated "Analog" Filter Algorithms

• While I appreciate the current "analog" offerings, I find that they have too much of a darkening effect for many uses (just my opinion). I would also love to see some analog modelling beyond the lowpass filters (i.e. high and band).

• I don't know, but I have a Waldorf Pulse (which has a 24 db filter), a Novation Super Bass Station (switchable between 12/24 db), and a Sherman Filterbank that achieves 24 db when the filters are run in serial. I have never noticed a darkening effect on any of these devices when the the filters are open. I haven't looked too closely at what happens to the highs on a spectrum analyzer when using the Virus's analog emulations, but it sounds like the highs are cut and the mids are boosted even when the filter is totally open (or perhaps the low end is boosted).

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like the Virus has to do and/or emulate everything, but as this is the feature request section of the forum I just wanted to put it out there that I would like some new "analog/vintage" filter algos.

• analog 1 pole - 12db, 2 pole - 24db, 3 pole - 36db, 4 pole - 48db. The other filters you mentioned don't go as steep as the virus' analogue model. It's also based on a moog filter where the others could be going for another tone. I would not mind, however, having something like an ARP Odyssey low pass model, or even the high pass from it...

• AtonyB, From what I know 4 pole filters are 24dB/oct, does the analogue emulation the virus offers differ? 48dB/oct seems ridiculous to me, but would explain why using the 4pole analogue filter sucks so much cpu
    I agree about the dark sound of the filter, but it's supposed to sound like that, "fat and warm". I whack up the resonance a bit to retain the clarity.
    The oscillators in the virus are pretty dark to start off with.
    The Moog filter is a lot darker than the ARP and Curtis filters, I know what you mean though about it changing the sound even when it's open