Response to Sustain Pedal in VC

• I can't seem to find the answer for this:

When I'm using the Virus Control PlugIn and browsing sounds in the browser I notice that some respond to sustain pedal and some don't.
    But I just can't seem to find a way to change this - where is the "sustain enable" switch?

The only thing I can find in the manuals about it is in regard to Multi-Mode settings (which I can't edit when in Sequencer mode.)

Any ideas?

Chris

• I haven't seen any problems yet with a quick play... are you sure that these aren't just presets with a limited sustain? The sustain pedal only does the same as keeping the note held, it does not change the amp envelope sustain (that is, unless you link it).

• In sequencer mode : shift + edit.

You can then access three switches :
    - Hold Pedal
    - Volume RX
    - Program Change

This menu is called "edit multi" but the settings apply in sequencer mode.

• I haven't seen any problems yet with a quick play... are you sure that these aren't just presets with a limited sustain? The sustain pedal only does the same as keeping the note held, it does not change the amp envelope sustain (that is, unless you link it).

Hi,
    yes, I am sure.

Just tried the "Ben Crosland Signature Set 2011"
    Patches 0-4 respond to sustain, Patches 5-6 do not. Patch 7 does ("Furball"), Patch 8 doesn't ("Floaty")

Why is that and where can I change this? ?(

best regards, Chris

• In sequencer mode : shift + edit.

You can then access three switches :
    - Hold Pedal
    - Volume RX
    - Program Change

This menu is called "edit multi" but the settings apply in sequencer mode.

Hi Ace,
    I had written in my post that the problem is in VC-mode, not sequencer-mode. In VC mode you don't have access to these parameters!