New Beta Release

• So the Thread is now up with the support for 32 and 64 bit for MacOS 10.6.

How about support for windows XP 64 bit?

I think windows XP 64 bit exists a little bit longer than MacOS 10 64 bit.

Come on!! We really need this!!!!

• o don't you worry about those x64 Win7 drivers, they will come at launch of Win7. But don't expect them to release a Vista x64 any sooner.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• WHY!?!?!?

We need x64 support for Vista and XP!!!!!!

Don't you think Access wants their products to be compatible with (almost) all computers, all OS's and all DAW's?

Hey Access team, do you think that support for windows XP and Vista X64 will be available with the release of the official TIOS 3.2.0.00?

• Can someone tell me why you must use 64-bit Windows?

I manage networks of Windows XP 32 bit all day, a quite successful business in fact although I use a macbook for music. I know technically what 64-bit is about, but why is it essential for you to use 64-bit?

Regards,

B

• In a nutshell, more RAM. (Which you know is essential for music production)

It doesn't matter now. I have 64-bit. I'm not going to downgrade and... dual boot is just more trouble...

OK I'm not trying to sound annoying here, what can't you do in 3Gb ram? In using 2Gb Ram, my CPU bottlenecks before anything else. What needs so much ram?

B

• EASTWEST Baby!
    Their libraries are massive!!

Apparently Cubase can't take advantage of the ram as well as Logic so... I'm stuck with 64 bit. (until I get a mac pro which will be... in a year or so..).
    till' then, I need 64 bit support.

And not to come off cheap but, if I install dual boot it will cost me, If I downgrade it will cost me, But if Access creates 64bit support. It's free ^^

So... Many reasons to stay with the current version I have.

• Ah, I see now. And I guess the EastWest sample libraries cost more than a new computer :)

Logic is nice, but not 64-bit yet even if Snow Leopard is. While I think that the Mac move to 64bit will be easier than Windows, they both have many hurdles to go yet. While waiting for a few drivers to work with 10.6, I'm having fun with hardware and midi. its good to be out of fashion...

B

• Sometimes ti does :)

I've been to my friend's studio and saw him use VC in a project and ate my heart out.
    Let's say that programming Virus TI Snow from it's little screen is not a walk in the park. hehe ^^

Any response from Access regarding windows X64 support?
    Are you guys working on it?

• Yeah.. Symphonic Orchestra and Pianos are Huge! (especially with 3 microphone positions) O_O

See?

Enough reasons to get support for windows 64-bit.

Do you think there will be a different version for Vista and XP or it doesn't matter as long as it's windows?

• LivePsy , the fact that you ask those questions tells me you realy don't technicaly understand what x64 means.

And you are definitley not a real professional like system administrator or you just wanna act ignorant. x64 has no real benefits for most compagnies as they won't use heavy apps like sequensers with all plugs and fx or design apps with heavy mem loads

If you talk about music or using an app like illustrator, photoshop, autocad, microstation or whatever, it will open a new world for all of those apps.

just read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6…64-bit_processor_timeline

O and about EAST WEST Samples, i have that composer pack and it is realy beautifull. 8o

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• There's no need to put other people down, monomeester. I am an IT professional and coming from system administration on DEC mainframes back in the '80s, running things in small amounts of ram and without bloated slow applications is kinda important to me. I question why you *need* a sample library which can't sit within 3Gb of ram. Just because you can fill gigs with stuff doesn't mean it is a good idea. And my other point is why you would want to jump on to the bleeding edge of the mess that is Microsoft's migration path.

You are certainly free to want to run 64-bit, but I question your sanity in demanding to use it :) I want to make music, and the level of technology shouldn't be important to the end result.

B

• We have been sat on the 2GB ram limit for some time now - some people try to say bill gates once said (though no citations are ever available) '640k is enough for anyone,' just because YOU can't think of a meaningful use for it does not mean that there is not one.

The size of EWQL@#$% (whatever) is to do with the breadth of samples available - my drum sample library comes with 35GB of samples and that's what it takes to sound convincing (and its still hard work, even with that).

Yes i know old keyboards managed on 64k samples to fill a whole keyboard, but i promise you they dont sound great (or at least, only the ones that happened to sound ok survived!). I have a Roland D-50 here, and some older folks may drool at the sounds eminating from it, to me it sounds pretty dated and thin...

Then there is the issue which any artist faces - pushing back the point where you have to bounce things (ie artists merging layers, musicians bouncing tracks, etc.) so that you can tweak things up until the last stage of production whilst hearing/seeing the bottom line effect.

For this you need RAM... lots of it... more than 2GB which is pretty measely these days which is why the 64-bit barrier, as awkward as it may be to navigate, has become a necessity for so many.

64-bit is far from bleeding edge, it has been held off long enough...