info on screen

• Hi Crystalashes

The little bar is a patch complexity indicator, the more it is filled the more resources are being taken up to create the sound you hear.

• This shows the complexity of the current patch. The more bars the more complex the patch. If you have a lot of complex patches in a multi you will experience note stealing/drop outs etc. because the virus has only so much polyphony/cpu power. After 2-4 complex patches it starts to struggle & playing chords becomes impossible.

• This shows the complexity of the current patch. The more bars the more complex the patch. If you have a lot of complex patches in a multi you will experience note stealing/drop outs etc. because the virus has only so much polyphony/cpu power. After 2-4 complex patches it starts to struggle & playing chords becomes impossible.

A more concise explanation for you :)

• Thanks a lot. Where in the user's manual explain this? I can' find it...

You're welcome, you can read about it on page 41 of the Quick Start Guide.

Zitat

I have a virus ti, I think that it has enough polyphony to support to much complex patches, what do you think?

I think that's the million dollar question & is quite difficult to give a definitive answer.

It will take you a bit of trial & error to test out the boundaries of what is possible with your Virus. It shouldn't take you too long to get a decent workflow going with it.

You can have an effect on the available polyphony by changing unison settings & adding or removing effects, read pages 41-43 of the quick start to get a better idea.