BSOD caused by faulty USB-driver on Windows 7 64-bits with Virus TI2?

• Haha.. so last night deadmau5 was streaming live from his studio while he finished his next single The Veldt. He went to load up VC to lay down a virus part and what happens? BSOD!
    All was good after that, but yeah I'd say the BSOD thing is pretty near top of the list for things to fix.

• Interesting. I'll have to try that Gene. I've had a couple BSOD's which appeared to be triggered by Virus USB but my big issue is crashes when closing Ableton or opening a different track after working on a loaded project. I'm win 7 x64 as well running 4.1.1.05. I'm hoping & figuring that'll be improved when the release version of 4.5 finally comes out. I'll see if your fix helps any though meanwhile.

I don't think that's a virus issue, rather than Ableton issue...I always had it since upgraded to Ableton 8.2.6 and above and now 8.2.8...whenever I'm in a fully loaded session with VSTs and all, and I go and I shut down the project...i get the BSOD...

I got the Virus Ti2 Desktop yesterday, Installed it, and while i'm setting up the driver software and VST, first thing I got is a BSOD...seems it conflicted with a hardware on my PC, most probably it's the RME Fireface 400...So I restarted and did the setup again, and it worked this time...when I checked the device manager I found 1 out of 3 had the right setup..and 2 with the yellow exclamation mark on them...

Presonus Studio One Pro V2 + Ableton Live 8.2.8 8)
    RME Fireface 400 8o
    Access Virus Ti2 Desktop :thumbup:
    Axiom 49 + Axiom 25 ^^
    UC33e Midi Mixer :!:
    Windows 7 X64 :P
    i7-2600k CPU
    16 GB Corsair Ram

• Few years later, Live 9, but same problem! Switching off the Virus TI soundcard in the windows menu seems to help though, thanks so much for the tip! and fingers crossed it remains stable now!!