What emulated sound would make you buy a soundset?

• If you heard a sound demo and heard a sound on it you've been trying to emulate on your virus for ages what sound would it be?

Include full name of track/source and link to youtube along with time on vid.

This threads just an idea that might help some sound designers acheive some of everyone's most wanted sounds rather than bunging some overplayed trance sounds or random noises and calling it a bank.

• "Living on video" by Trans-x :lead sound

"Equinox V" by Jarre: Bass sound and Leads sound

"Show must go on" by Queen: Init strings

"Enola gay" by OMD: leads sounds

Solina strings.

"A view to a kill" by Duran Duran: brass hits

• "A view to a kill" by Duran Duran: brass hits

If someone could make the virus sound like the brass hits in a view to a kill i would buy just the one patch! but i doubt seriously that could be done. 8)

• If someone could make the virus sound like the brass hits in a view to a kill i would buy just the one patch! but i doubt seriously that could be done. 8)

Why not? Although I would use samples... I'm sure you can find them in free retro sample sets...

• "Take on me " by A-ha: the famous "titotatitotito totitotito toti totito toti totito" sound :D, and the bass, and the mid-song arpeggio in 2':00'', and the Morten's hair :P
    "Jabdah " By koto: from this song I thing that all sounds incredible 8o but the man looks a little...¿crazy 8| ?

Well, yes, I like 80's... ^^

• Billy Currie screaming ARP Odyssey lead.

As used in ultravox - all stood still
    gary numan - on broadway cover ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaPzt0vK7Ok )
    along with many other places....

I cant believe gary numan tried to do 'on broadway'. He never could sing in the first place, now watch as he goes & murders an R&B classic.
    Should leave that kind of thing to people who can actually sing, not some crappy Bowie-esq cover. His dance moves are'nt much better either ; )

• Generally speaking, besides some well done Matt Picone and Howard Scarr Sounds, classical synth Sounds from the 70s and 80s, in one word the real analog side of VA, are heavily underrepreseted in the TI soundbanks, while trance leads and the like come in silly amounts of slight and absolutely meaningless variations.

Something like the Arturia "Synth Heroes" series is completely missing from Access sound culture, despite masses of freely available online banks.
    Thematic sounds resembling those of great keyboarders like Joe Zawinul, George Duke, Jan Hammer, Keith Emerson, Bernie Worrell, Jean-Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Tony Banks, Klaus Schulze and many others are few, and sometimes hard to find in the big Access libraries, if the name doesn't tell enough already.

From my view the latest OS updates with new analog modes, mod matrix sources and effects are right away shouting for such thematic banks! :thumbup:
    I don't regard this as a question of "vintage" versus "charts", but rather as a question of exciting overall variety.

• I cant believe gary numan tried to do 'on broadway'. He never could sing in the first place, now watch as he goes & murders an R&B classic.
    Should leave that kind of thing to people who can actually sing, not some crappy Bowie-esq cover. His dance moves are'nt much better either ; )

Not particularly on topic, but Numan is a perfectly competent singer when he wants to be, and a damn site more people paid to see him sing that than many others that have.... The solo is what is of interest, anyway.

he's also decidedly not Bowie-esque, but whatever...