What emulated sound would make you buy a soundset?

• "Would be cool if someone modeled all the presets and sounds from analog synths and released soundsets for each
    each synth like Jupiter, Minimoog, etc."

YEES!! or best, and anthology of glorious synth sounds.

• "Would be cool if someone modeled all the presets and sounds from analog synths and released soundsets for each
    each synth like Jupiter, Minimoog, etc."

YEES!! or best, and anthology of glorious synth sounds.

Hmmm, that's interesting that you say that. One of my side hobbies recently has been trying to recreate some of my favourite patches from some of my other synths with the Virus - I started doing it to help me learn my way around the Virus hardware & menus a bit more & also to see just how versatile the Virus actually is.

I never thought about it before but maybe I will make some of these patches available, it would be a "Best of …" many synths collection as opposed to individual synths.

• Hmmm, that's interesting that you say that. One of my side hobbies recently has been trying to recreate some of my favourite patches from some of my other synths with the Virus - I started doing it to help me learn my way around the Virus hardware & menus a bit more & also to see just how versatile the Virus actually is.

I never thought about it before but maybe I will make some of these patches available, it would be a "Best of …" many synths collection as opposed to individual synths.

That's could be a good idea :) . I see videos on youtube with a virus ti sounding like a CS-80 (Blade Runner) and I though "I WANT THAT SOUND!!". A "Best of analog synth" could be a winner soundset (at last, the virus is an analog virtual synth, is possible to recreate any analog sound with it, but it demand to much time...time that more of us don't have...my little 3 years children :love: is more important that my virus knobs ).

Analog synth designers, now you have a mission!! :thumbup:

• I want Numan Patches (various Polymoog & other trademark patches circa Pleasure Principle/Telekon era... & Billy Currie (Ultravox) screaming sounds like on "Hymn" OSCar patches and ARP Oddysey sounds... i would buy them yum! :thumbup:

I already have many of the Numan patches on the virus (including PolyMoog and some other things), but I have never been able to get that Billy Currie screaming lead quite right...

• Billy Curries sound is rather difficult to create it seems... seems like distortion with really slow flange emphasising the distortion on the mod wheel... i tried to create it.. i think Ultravox used some custom made FX units too, i know Warren Cann modified rhythm machines, along with custom made drum kits... cool... 8)

Come on then peeps! AtonyB et al!!!!... get a best of all your patches and compile a great sound set. It seems all the patches are here in the forums already... I would buy it ;)

• I'll add another vote for 80's sound sets! I work full-time (was told not to quit my day job ;) and am starting an 80's band on the side. I have a TON of synth equipment and have posted and searched for sounds for each one. The hardest above all have been Duran Duran sounds (specifically arps like Hungry Like the Wolf and Rio). I just bought a new Motif XF for the 80's sound set. Unfortunately, no D2. I've got to believe the Virus can do it without a sweat...but I haven't seen anyone offer up the sounds. I would gladly pay...since I already have the virus.

• Billy Curries sound is rather difficult to create it seems... seems like distortion with really slow flange emphasising the distortion on the mod wheel... i tried to create it.. i think Ultravox used some custom made FX units too, i know Warren Cann modified rhythm machines, along with custom made drum kits... cool... 8)

It is indeed the ARP Odyssey (using ring mod, which on the odyssey is a XOR logic function on the square oscillator outputs, I believe) + Distortion effect (MXR maybe) + flanger + speaker cab. All these stages (besides the XOR ring mod) are available on the virus and I have got really close to the sound (with a couple of cheats, too), so I think the only real way to get it just right is a hell of a lot more tweaking, or relying on access to put in emulations of the SPECIFIC things that Billy Currie used... Despite the many toys that Access regularly gives us, I'm not going to hold my breath for something so specific.... although a XOR ring mod would be nice...

• It is indeed the ARP Odyssey (using ring mod, which on the odyssey is a XOR logic function on the square oscillator outputs, I believe) + Distortion effect (MXR maybe) + flanger + speaker cab. All these stages (besides the XOR ring mod) are available on the virus and I have got really close to the sound (with a couple of cheats, too), so I think the only real way to get it just right is a hell of a lot more tweaking, or relying on access to put in emulations of the SPECIFIC things that Billy Currie used... Despite the many toys that Access regularly gives us, I'm not going to hold my breath for something so specific.... although a XOR ring mod would be nice...

I'd die for a Billy Currie / Ultravox sound set but i have come to the conclusion that it might be easier just to buy the MKII Odyssey :)