Can The Virus Ti be made to play properly on NEC USB 3.0 chipsets?

• Hi. Just built a new computer last month and on the motherboard there is the NEC/Renasses USB 3.0 chipset. I wanted to use the Virus Ti on one of the two connections routed to this chipset from the back of the case but it does not seem to play nice at all. The drivers install without a single issue. I can see the Virus Ti listed in device manager as fully working. When I plug/unplug the USB from the Ti to the computer I get the USB connection lost/USB connection made however, when I try to load the plugin in Cubase 6.02 it fails with one of two errors. Either the Virus Ti Midi driver failed and/or No Virus Ti can be found. It does this 100% of the time and have never been able to get it working on either of these two ports despite them looking as though they should work just fine. I have the latest bios flashed to my motherboard as well as the latest drivers installed 2.0.34.1 for the NEC controller. I also disabled the power saving features of USB 3.0 contained within the NEC controller utility which gets installed with the drivers. I have tried everything and it just doesn't work. Since these ports work for just about everything else connected to my computer, is it possible a future driver update to the Virus Ti could possibly make it compatible on USB 3.0 ports?

• driver and software were installed fine but virus didn't word at low latency.. :(

Thanks for your reply. At least you got it working. Driver and software are installed fine but I can't even get VC to start up. It instantly bombs out telling me either midi device failed or cannot find Virus Ti. I am sure it is some sort of incompatibility. I am in touch with Asus about it now to try and narrow down the problem and hopefully come up with a fix for a future bios update, however, they are stating the problem may also lie in the drivers of the manufacturer and that they too may have to do some work to get things running smoothly which is why I started this thread, to see if anything could be on Access' end to get VC to play more friendly on USB 3.0 ports.

• Thanks for your reply. At least you got it working. Driver and software are installed fine but I can't even get VC to start up. It instantly bombs out telling me either midi device failed or cannot find Virus Ti. I am sure it is some sort of incompatibility. I am in touch with Asus about it now to try and narrow down the problem and hopefully come up with a fix for a future bios update, however, they are stating the problem may also lie in the drivers of the manufacturer and that they too may have to do some work to get things running smoothly which is why I started this thread, to see if anything could be on Access' end to get VC to play more friendly on USB 3.0 ports.

i have asus h57 evo ,what is yours?

• i have a dell note book with usb 3.
    i have varius issues with my virus ti. audio dropouts, driver issues...
    i wrote the support and there is no solution at this time. the only chance to get this working is with a usb 2 hub. but not 100% perfect.
    jan

• yes,but when i disable usb 3.0 nec on setup it works as usb1.0 and 2.0 but i suppose it should not accept any device such as usb memory or audio interfaces or other usb devices..and also i had sony vaio z series and i noticed that new intel series chipest for intel coreiX models have problem on usb connector even in new motherboard p55,p67,h57 and ...i tested many mainboard p55 series from many company asus,giga.evga,ecs,msi and other but they didn't work properly with usb 1.0 and 2.0 devices....
    i have m-audio audiophile usb but it didn't work at 128 buffer size it happened also with my ti ..it made me to use dedicated pci-usb..

• Bump. Any official word from Access on this matter? Will a new driver update be written to help this overly finicky device we call the Ti play better on USB ports found on newer systems such as the NEC USB 3?

• I just realized this morning that I don't have to constantly close out Cubase and reopen it hoping to get the Ti working on the NEC USB 3 port, all I have to do is unplug the USB cable and plug it back in while the error message is on the screen. After a few seconds VC will attempt to load again. Sometimes it will work, sometimes not. Either way, the fact that removing and plugging the USB cable back in can 'sometimes' get it to work proves that the Ti should be able to be used on these ports as long as things are tightened up on the coding side of either the drivers or VC or both. I was originally thinking it was a driver problem and it still may be, but now I am wondering if VC could be playing a role in this compatibility issue as well. If it can work sometimes, it proves it can be done. I would like to see it work 100% of the time if at all possible. It seems the Ti does not play well at all on brand new systems with their newer ports, HUB configurations etc.