• Hi. I know that virus is a virtual synthesizer, and I don't know nothing about how dificult could be the implementation, but will be great to have drum kits, in order to use only one midi channel for drums. This could mean to use drum samples, or a type of keyboard mapping to assign one sound to a one key, and all keys in the same midi channel...I don't know, but now I need the virus and another synth for drums, because for me is more easy play drums in a drum kit, not one channel for the bass drum, one channel for the snare...a drum kit it's more intuitive.

• I know it's not a great substitute, but you can set up a multi where, say, 12 of the parts are all programmed to a different drum preset then set the key ranges to one key each to get a drum kit, you can then use the remaining parts for synth or whatever...

• A Virus TI, especially a Snow judging from what you are saying, is just not the best tool for that particular job. A synth with an architecture like the Virus's is never going to be able to compare with a sample-based synth or tone generator, such as my Yamaha Motif-Rack XS, which can have dozens of different percussion sounds, each on a different key and based on samples of real instruments. I agree though, it would be great if there was a synth that could do all that and could do what the Virus can do!

Simon

Virus TI2 Polar | TIOS 4.5.3.00 | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Windows 10 Professional