How Can I Assign External Midi Keyboard knobs to Virus TI2 Desktop Parameters?

• Hello, this is my first post, I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem. I have a Virus TI2 Desktop hooked up to my external MIDI Keyboard (Oxygen v2 61) via MIDI cable. How can I go about assigning the various knobs, faders and buttons on the MIDI keyboard to the Virus' parameters. For example, I'd love have one fader control Portamento, another control Ring Mod etc. I specifically don't want to use a computer, just the keyboard and synth.

I've looked throughout the forums and manuals but I can't find any direct help. I suspect it involves Sysex or dividing the 16 MIDI channels but I have no experience with these.

Thanks so much for any help you can give
    -w

• because there are only 3 of them

Eh?

My TI has over 30 knobs on it, as far as I know that's the same for everyone else here, using these knobs gives me total control of the synth. It sounds like you need to spend some time getting to know your Virus a bit more instead of wasting your time trying to do something which is in my opinion completely un-necessary :whistling:

• To do this you must first get a full MIDI CC list for the Virus. Next you must program your Oxygen's knobs to the CC that you want to tweak in hardware mode. When you are in Virus Control mode this is way easier because all you have to do is configure your software to receive you MIDI messages.