USB and MIDI issues on MAC

• Not sure what is going on:

1. for some reason sound doesn't change when switching to another patch and hooked up via MIDI. For example, I select sound 1, play something, go to the next patch - however, sound 1 would be till be triggered when playing. Going to patch 3, press keys - again, playing patch 1. Panic doesn't fix it, going to Multi - same thing. Unplug synth all is OK, until MIDI signal is received.

2. When USB is showing, no sound comes out until I unplug USB (this may be a feature???)

This problem (1) started with 4.5, so I went back to 4.0.x - same thing. Never had this problem with 3.x :(

Update:

Interface: RME Fireface UFX, latest firmware/drivers
    MacOS X 10.6 (latest)
    Ableton Live 8.0.2

So, the symptoms can be duplicated as follows:

a. Open Set in Live
    b. Ensure Fireface MIDI ports are "on" for sync and track in preferences
    c. Start playback in live - "clock sync" is visible on TI display, patch works as expected.
    d. If I change a virus patch in a middle of a playback (while live set is playing and "c" is visible on TI2) - that's it. That'll be the only sound until I reboot Virus, even if I change a virus patch while sequencer is NOT running. Looks like once that clock signal is received - that's the only patch I'd be able to play until reboot. Even patch parameters cannot be changed - e.g. ADSR, FX, anything - until I reboot virus. Never seen anything like it before, not sure what is going on...

Help????

• Do you mean you have midi and usb plugged in at the same time?

I always found my TI1 virus keyboard went crazy if i had both plugged in. Iv yet to try it with my new TI2 rack.

2x2.8 Quad core intel Xeon Mac pro , OSX 10.6.8 8gb Ram, Logic 9.1.5, Motu 828mk3, Virus TI2 Desktop

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jamie8286 ()

• Just MIDI is plugged in. Not using TI at all due to all the bugs. Just happened again, had to not just power cycle but also unplug. LFO1 and 3 were flashing even after power off. Only unplugging made it stop.Thoughts?

• Is this in Multimode or in Sequencer Mode and in case this is in Multimode, are the PARTs still showing different Midi Channels in the Multi Edit Mode when this happens? (in Sequencer Mode every PART is fixed to a different Midi channel anyway)

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner