VST delay when running Virus Multi in Ableton 8 - Current Virus Beta issue - Reproduceable

• Under Mac Osx snow leopard, I found a vst\au delay issue when running multi. Once you have a few tracks running from the virus, in my case i had 3 virus patches running and try to load a drum vst with a simple kick, you will notice the kick is way off when run along an audio drumloop, leading me to believe the virus is causing all other VST's and AU's to delay by a huge amount. I couldn't reproduce this in logic however. So looks like an ableton 8 thing. I am running the latest version of 8 now. Just a heads up to the Access team.

• Under Mac Osx snow leopard, I found a vst\au delay issue when running multi. Once you have a few tracks running from the virus, in my case i had 3 virus patches running and try to load a drum vst with a simple kick, you will notice the kick is way off when run along an audio drumloop, leading me to believe the virus is causing all other VST's and AU's to delay by a huge amount. I couldn't reproduce this in logic however. So looks like an ableton 8 thing. I am running the latest version of 8 now. Just a heads up to the Access team.

you should send a demo project to support so we can work on it with you.
    best, marc

• Hey mclifton,

I don't think Access will be able to solve this one as it has to do with how Live handles delay compensation (there are a few threads over at the Ableton forum concerning Live's PDC).

One question though, did you turn off the "live" button on the Virus during playback?

I made a video back in November documenting this issue:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.