Virus Ti's SPDIF / RME 400

• Hi :)

I'll be getting a 'RME Fireface 400' next week to hook up to my iMac 10.6.4 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB

I've NEVER used the SPDIF in's & out's on my Virus Ti Desktop, which is connected via USB direct into iMac.
    Have used (of cause) analog outs into my Edirol UA-25EX as my Virus Ti is NOT using it's own interface.
    My Edirol should still work with the RME…. so all should be cool !!

My Q's are…
    Can I use the SPDIF of the Virus Ti connected to 'RME Fireface 400' SPDIF to get the Audio / Analog ?(
    (I know I can use the stereo in's for this on either Edirol or RME)
    But … they will have the stereo out connections of Rolands VG-99 & GR-55 & others things.

Is that what SPDIF does ?( …. sure hope so !! ... &
    Do you connect both In & out or just one ?(

Many thanks for any input to this …. Cheers :D

Zummooz 8)

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• SPDIF is for recording or listening to audio that you do not want to convert from digital back into analog. If you are using a Fireface, you should try the main outs too. The RME converters are some of the best in the industry and you might find a cleaner sound to use the Virus TI in USB mode and then output through your Fireface. Good Luck.

• Thanks so much... :thumbup:

Very well explained & thanks for the tips...... now I get it.

Been thinking of a RME 400 or a while, I try to go for quality items, hence having a DeskTop Virus Ti too.
    Should blend all in well with all my other stuff as well.

Many thanks again ... Cheers :D

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D