And This Time With Feeling: A Patch Editor Version of VC!!!

• The new GUI looks better than before. Very promising!

But:

- the logo in the top left corner looks kinda cheap
    - the grey color looks boring and it does not remind me of the virus
    - overall the graphics look a little bit cheap

And please make sure that assigning the outputs in multimode really works, the ctrlr editor did not work in this regard !

I will buy this as soon as you start working on the TI editor!

• Yet another photo added :)

We are open for any kind of suggestions regarding to colors so that they will meet the eye :) And yes, graphics might look crap / cheap, but as I am a musician, not a graphic designer, I can't do any better :D8)

http://www.virus.info/forum/in…ad&postID=27428#post27428

• Looking a little better now! Not bad. I'll be on that like a fat kid on fried Chicken once you get the TI introduced. From the looks of it is it even possible to make an editor for all the viruses? Or how about a "mode" switch from virus abc to TI. That would be cool. What about making the editor like the ti virus control but not exactly the same so access won't break your balls.

• Looking a little better now! Not bad. I'll be on that like a fat kid on fried Chicken once you get the TI introduced. From the looks of it is it even possible to make an editor for all the viruses? Or how about a "mode" switch from virus abc to TI. That would be cool. What about making the editor like the ti virus control but not exactly the same so access won't break your balls.

In terms of features, this should be pretty close to TI control (don't say it out loud), as we can send individual or collated sysex and midi messages to the synth and also receive them. I actually thought about making a buttons on the GUI to let user choose their Virus model, but then again, automation parameters would go nuts (if not from the daw itself, then the user will do something nasty instead). Maybe it's better to run virus A model first, then add functions of B etc.

• With all respect, this forum is for feature requests of Access Music, and while i am sure your intentions are well founded, i think it would be decent to move your discussion of your commercial enterprise into your own thread, or your own website even.

Like many, I wish to play the Virus via Midi ports, not USB, but am happy to run VC over USB, and so for a $3500 synth, having a standalone VC Editor & Librarian (which includes multi's) is a reasonable request of the manufacturer..

• [...] having a standalone VC Editor & Librarian (which includes multi's) is a reasonable request of the manufacturer..

Is it my bad english skills or did you just say that Access wants to have a standalone VC editor?

Anways, have you monitored this topic? It's 3 years old!, and nothing, absolutely nothing happend, not even a comment about the theoretical possibility. The manufacturer is obviously not going to do anything about this, I mean, this would kinda be like admitting that TI is broken for many of us, and that's not going to happen, I guarantee it!

It's time for someone else to chimp in and fullfill this feature request, so why not right here were Virus owners can easily find it?

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

@ 8:00 7skies.. talks about why he loves and hates the Virus.. Take a guess why he hates it haha..

• Heres a kinda work around for loading for fav banks sound sets. Some of you may know this already but just in case.. you can load your fav soundest into the ROM using the virus control center since you can burn over the existing banks this is pretty handy in loading all your own sounds. still can't save your sound sets easily but at least you can access this without the VC plug..

• How long do you think will it take until it is 100% compatible to the TI series ?
    It'S been a while ... :)

• Hi!
    After the long radio-silence, intense coding sessions and sleepless nights, it's time to open this channel for this one important announcement:
    Access Virus|HC Editor & Librarian plugin is now available for MAC users and you can download the demo for AudioUnit & VSTi from HERE

We are working on the PC release at the moment :)

For our customers who placed in the pre-order, we will update our server during the next week which allows us to generate your lisences to your excisting purchase!

If you have any questions or if you need support, please head to our official website HERE and open a support ticket.

Thats all for now! Take care, peace and love! :D

• congratulations... does it support the TI? (there was some talk before about it initially be B and C?)

Yes it's partly supported :) We are working on it to include more TI functions :) Also: there is a cpu load bug in rc1, so I recommend to wait until rc2 comes out :)

• thanks

I downloaded the demo...and had partial success.
    the first time, it crashed my TI ... don't know why, as once I rebooted the TI, the second time I used it, it was fine...
    (I did already put it in TI mode)

a few notes...
    a) I get huge latency, if I use controls on the TI.
    b) it only seems to work in Seq Mode, Id like to be able to use with single and multi mode.
    c) you don't get access to the patches stored on your TI by default (it appears you can download individual patches), but not browse/download entire bank?
    d) you cannot edit the ARP
    e) I'm confused about the Delay/Reverb section - is it combined?
    f) why the midi input section? (is it using the VST
    g) no automation (I don't need/want it, but others may be surprised?)
    h) only a few banks available... perhaps I can create my own with full version, this would de nice for (c)

(A) is a huge issue for me, as normally i use the TI front panel, and just want to use the VST for odd things which I don't use often, and are hidden in the menus... or cannot be done (e.g. edit arp)
    but this really is not possible, as having the VST open is causing latency on control input.
    Interestingly, you don't get the lag, if using the VST ... so I think what is going on, is some kind of midi loop... i.e. edit on the TI, sends midi to VST which is then sending midi back to TI.... this should not happen, and mdii originating from TI should not be sent back.

excluding (A) the other things are not big issues, and I guess may come in a future update, and even without, I would like enjoy using.
    In particular i do really like the 'mixer', this makes managing the multi alot easier than doing it on the front panel.

so please resolve (A), and Im sure I will be buying :)