And This Time With Feeling: A Patch Editor Version of VC!!!

• Personally I'm less interested in a patch editor as I prefer to use the hardware and the Virus Control plugin is fine for that already. What is needed is a better preset manager and librarian, the library features of Control are its weakest element, particularly when it comes to organising and categorising patches. If this can do that better I wouldn't care about latency etc as I would just use it as a preset librarian and manager. But I never got my original questions answered, which is not a good sign.

• a) I get huge latency, if I use controls on the TI.

Yes, this was known issue in version 1.0.0rc1 installer. Sorted now by 1.0.1 update :)

b) it only seems to work in Seq Mode, Id like to be able to use with single and multi mode.

Seq mode is basically Multimode, I don't know the differences between them (please enlighten me if you know the difference.)

c) you don't get access to the patches stored on your TI by default (it appears you can download individual patches), but not browse/download entire bank?

You can request banks from TI to the editor when you click edit bank (not available in demo though) and request entire bank (select bank to request from the dropdown menu below) :)

d) you cannot edit the ARP

Under development! Virus A->C had 250 parameters to add to the plug-in, so the TI has that amount doubled.. So... we are working on it :D

e) I'm confused about the Delay/Reverb section - is it combined?

Yes, this is how it works on the previous Virus models, but we are seeking a solution to this so that if your hardware selection is TI, both effect layers are enabled (fx2 tab has reverb selection that will be working for TI in future).

f) why the midi input section? (is it using the VST)

This plugin operates ONLY via midi. So you need the MIDI in and out to get this babe working with TI :)

g) no automation (I don't need/want it, but others may be surprised?)

Demo limitation.

h) only a few banks available... perhaps I can create my own with full version, this would de nice for (c)

Again, we can't include banks that are available from access website, it's something user has to do it by himself. Patches are located in /library/app support/mystery islands music/virushc editor/patches/ - add your banks there to view them in librarian :)

(A) is a huge issue for me, as normally i use the TI front panel, and just want to use the VST for odd things which I don't use often, and are hidden in the menus... or cannot be done (e.g. edit arp)
    but this really is not possible, as having the VST open is causing latency on control input.
    Interestingly, you don't get the lag, if using the VST ... so I think what is going on, is some kind of midi loop... i.e. edit on the TI, sends midi to VST which is then sending midi back to TI.... this should not happen, and mdii originating from TI should not be sent back.

excluding (A) the other things are not big issues, and I guess may come in a future update, and even without, I would like enjoy using.
    In particular i do really like the 'mixer', this makes managing the multi alot easier than doing it on the front panel.

so please resolve (A), and Im sure I will be buying :)

It was our issue with graphics update on the plugin that caused the delay / latency. It should be better now. I will make better routing instructions to everyone, so it'll work as expected :)

• Thank you Mystery Islands for the editor and also for the reduced price
    Can't wait to see the TI functions at the editor (Complex Osc's etc)
    and also i would like to have the ability to change the colour of the GUI (I prefer the black).

• I'll ask again, what are the capabilities of this as a preset manager and librarian? Can it edit things like categories, particularly editing of multiple patches at once? Can it split up and reorganise banks?

• Thank you Mystery Islands for the editor and also for the reduced price
    Can't wait to see the TI functions at the editor (Complex Osc's etc)
    and also i would like to have the ability to change the colour of the GUI (I prefer the black).

Our pleasure! Will work out something to change the GUI if it's possible :) We had one version of the black GUI but all the controls melted into the GUI so much, it was not looking good.

• I'll ask again, what are the capabilities of this as a preset manager and librarian? Can it edit things like categories, particularly editing of multiple patches at once? Can it split up and reorganise banks?

You can edit single patch as much as you like. What do you mean with edit multiple patches at once? Yes, you can reorganize banks / patches. Try out the demo to see how it works out for you. There are a lot of things that are limited, but just to try it :) Read the manual of setting it up though.

• What I mean is do things like select all the pads in a bank and then assign a 'pad' category. At the moment there is no easy way to assign categories. I'm not interested in editing single patches - I can do that already using the control plugin or hardware - I'm more interested in preset management.

• What I mean is do things like select all the pads in a bank and then assign a 'pad' category. At the moment there is no easy way to assign categories. I'm not interested in editing single patches - I can do that already using the control plugin or hardware - I'm more interested in preset management.

Hmm, you know, nothing is impossible. Maybe I will add that to the list of to-do's 8)