Is it possible to change the order of my multipatches

• Hi the situation is like that: everytime the setlist is changed I'd love to change the order of the songs according to the setlist. Is it possible in the virus control pluginn?
    Second question. When I save my sounds from Ram Banks to Rom banks-just to have enough space to create new sounds for new songs-will the multis be intelligent enough to find the new destination of the single sounds that I moved to the Rom banks? Thanks! Friede

• Second question. When I save my sounds from Ram Banks to Rom banks-just to have enough space to create new sounds for new songs-will the multis be intelligent enough to find the new destination of the single sounds that I moved to the Rom banks?

Each of the first 16 multis contain copies of the actual single patches they're using, so they're not affected by the reordering of the other patches. AFAIK the next multis (starting from 17) only contain references to single patches. I highly doubt them being updated when moving single patches.

• I take it that by using multis you are using the virus in standalone mode?

Im not sure if you want to change the order of full multis or the patches within them. for full multis you will just have to save them in the new location (bear in mind that you cant save 0-15 multis in 16-127 slots) in the new order. if you have copies of the presets they used saved elsewhere on the virus you can just keep them all in 16 onwards then have a range of presets set aside for your gigs (so they become track a-z however many there may be) then just save into them as you need from elsewhere.

If it is the parts within a multi you mean, the fastest way is probably to reorder the midi channels they respond to (in the multi edit menu) - if you change midi channel per track, or something - so that, whilst one part may be in slot 16, you can set it to respond to midi channel 3, or whatever...

• Thanks! In fact I'm using the desktop as hardware synth connected to a midi keyboard.But the way to reorder the multis stays the same I think. And yes I meant to change the destination of the full multi ;) Anyway they should make it easier to handle in this case don't you agree?
    Just to make sure that I understood it right: I have every single sound that is used in my multis saved in a single bank. So I can just start to save the multis from 16 -127 without problems right?

• They don't need to be saved in the same bank - they can be anywhere - but if they are fixed entities you might want to reserve ROM bank Z for them or something to make sure you dont change them by accident and then wonder why your multis dont work properly any more.

Also remember that you cant save a 0-15 preset into the 16-127 at all, so you will have to go to a 16-127 and start from scratch (which is a bit annoying), but once you've done that you can move them around as you please within the 16-127 range.

I do also agree that it would have been nicer to have a bit more functionality around the multi mode, as it is the best mode for live performance I find... I don't think I would ever use VC live due to various imperfections and the lack of ability to change midi channels and load different presets on the fly. I have asked for it before, but I think they want to focus everything on the VST environment, which is fantastic in the studio, but not so helpful on the road...