OS 4.5.1 Beta Discussion

• My set-up is:

iMac 3.2GHz i3 Intel
    OS 10.6.8
    8GB RAM
    Logic 9.1.3
    Virus TI2 Desktop OS 4.5.15

The Virus is the only thing connected to the iMac directly, it shares it's USB High Speed Bus with IR Receiver & Built-in iSight, all other USB devices are connected via a USB hub on a different USB High Speed Bus.

The buzzing is occurring on the starting up screen while the circle of dashes is working it's way round, it's very much like the buzzing you get from a guitar amp.

• Is no-one else getting this buzzing noise? I've just had a burst of noise 0.6 into the red when opening VC in Logic :pinch:

I'm thinking of emailing support but if Marc or Jorg is happy to talk about it here I won't bother, am I the only person this is happening to?

• Is no-one else getting this buzzing noise? I've just had a burst of noise 0.6 into the red when opening VC in Logic :pinch:

I'm thinking of emailing support but if Marc or Jorg is happy to talk about it here I won't bother, am I the only person this is happening to?

email support. that's usually quicker and also easier for our support guy
    thanks, marc

• This latest beta OS caused sync problems for me when testing in Cubase 5.5.3 (32bit) and also Cubase 6.03 (64bit) on my Virus TI Snow. When exporting midi to audio in Cubase, the imported audio would always be about 30ms late. I tried using different ASIO drivers, operating systems (Win XP and Win 7 64bit), DAWS, etc and the ONLY thing that solved it was reverting back to the last non beta OS (4.1.1.05). I'm pretty sure the problem didn't exist in the previous beta update, but I'm not wild about installing betas after this experience.

Thx.

• This latest beta OS caused sync problems for me when testing in Cubase 5.5.3 (32bit) and also Cubase 6.03 (64bit) on my Virus TI Snow. When exporting midi to audio in Cubase, the imported audio would always be about 30ms late. I tried using different ASIO drivers, operating systems (Win XP and Win 7 64bit), DAWS, etc and the ONLY thing that solved it was reverting back to the last non beta OS (4.1.1.05). I'm pretty sure the problem didn't exist in the previous beta update, but I'm not wild about installing betas after this experience.

Thx.

Yep, same here.
    Haven't had much of any sync issues for the past year, but this is worse than any version ever before.

• This really sucks.
    After the syncing got screwed up soo much, I reverted back to the previous version, and the syncing problem was still there.
    Even after another clean uninstall and install again, the problem hasn't gone away.
    So back to version 4.5.1 again and no difference, just one bic syncing miss-match :cursing: !

• I´m on windows 7 / 64bit using ableton 32 bit.
    The new Beta is, at least for me, a huge step back. I´m having major latency problems in Ableton Suite 8.2.2
    Also it won´t allow me to use a samplerate of 96 which I like to use when dealing with my Virus Snow in general.
    :cursing:

• UPDATE: Today it wont even load up in ableton, saying:

Unable to load the Virus Control Base Module!

Also Avira detects a Virus in the VirusUpdater.dll ( I´m guessing this is a failure of Antivir, I hope so)

• Also Avira detects a Virus in the VirusUpdater.dll ( I´m guessing this is a failure of Antivir, I hope so)

Yes it's a false positive, don't delete VirusUpdater.dll, VC need it to work!

I've already post a thread about this false positive for Avira Antivir but they (moderators) have deleted it. ?(

• Maybe this is helpful for the software engineers.

System:
    Macbook. 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo (4GB DDR3) OS X Lion 10.7.1
    Virus TI Keyboard (1st gen) 4.5.1.15 (used as audio and midi interface)
    Live 8.2.6 (i.e. latest software)
    M3M (no keyboard) 2.0.4 - latest software and hardware upgrades

I usually use Virus as my midi input - and as the soundcard.
    I often load the M3 software for trad sounds such as pianos which I can then play with the virus keyboard.

Noticed lots of glitches, small pops etc with minimal system load (e.g. no clips loaded - just m3 software as the only midi instrument - 5% CPU usage in corner) just playing piano or clav via keyboard.
    This is before the virus software is launched from live and the system is just being used as a soundcard.

Interestingly when the virus software is loaded as a midi instrument in a new track, the artifacts stop/are massively reduced.

If I then delete the midi track with virus control back in it, then the artifacts restart.
    Obviously I can work around this by always including a virus control in a session, although I don't think this is how you intend it to work; I've had no problem using it just as a soundcard for a long time.

Cheers, Domc