mutli mode or single mode??

• Hi.

I wonder if someone could explain me why I should use multi mode on my virus instead of single mode.
    What is the main difference. How do we use it?
    I red the manual...."sorry if I look a bit retarded"..... but I never got the point on why there is multi mode.
    I didnt quite understand on how should I use it too. Is it good for live gig? or studio..

thanks

• Multi mode is more of a performance mode, or when you want to work with synth layers without lots of messing around with midi.
    Generally only useful if you arent using VC and your other gear isnt so flexible with layering midi channels, etc.

• I am starting to appreciate multi-mode for performance. I can organise several patches required for a particular song into a single named multimode program, parts organised in the order they appear in the song, and step through parts easily and quickly (remembering to use the Part buttons and not the Program buttons!). So for me it's not so much for simultaneous part playing, but single parts in an easily organised way. :)

• It depends if you are using TI Keyboard/Polar or desktop - there are few midi controllers out there with an easy to access channel change button, unfortunately - so i do it mainly for the layers or, more specifically, laying out different synths on different parts of the keyboard. It's great since I can usually get away with only one preset and one set of keys for whole songs (despite using several parts all over the place).

If only i could set key ranges to the midi out on the virus, too...... :whistling: