NEW VIRUS OS 4.5.1.15 PROBLEM???

• I have also noticed a problem with my Virus ti Snow since updating to the latest beta OS. The USB audio stream is not synced properly. I am getting a waring message when starting up the Virus VSTi in Cubase 5.5.3 (32bit) which says:

Zitat

Virus TI has discovered a setup problem. The host is using an odd audio interface buffer size which causes communication problems. Please adjust the buffer size to any of the following sample values instead: 64, 128, 256, 512.

This message has only appeared after installing 4.5.1.15. NO previous version of the OS displayed this error.
    I have a problem though because my audio interface is an Edirol UA-1000 USB interface and It does not display buffer sizes in samples. I have no way of knowing what the buffer size is in samples. Cubase reports the buffer size in milliseconds, which is currently 10.907ms.

How can i solve this without having to:
    A. buy a new audio interface
    B. rolling back my Virus OS.

• yes with a mac snow leopard and macboock pro 2011 and Ableton Live 8
    it is impossible to synchronize patch and use the virus ti
    Connextion no need to click ignore detextion
    the message button on the virus not seen by the vsti
    it'll give anything with my beautiful lion who synt not work with my brand new mac
    the bug still bug I disabuse

• yes with a mac snow leopard and boockpro 2011 and Ableton Live 8
    it is impossible to synchronize patch and use the virus ti
    Connextion no need to click ignore detextion
    the message button on the virus not seen by the vsti
    it'll give anything with my beautiful lion who synt not work with my brand new mac
    the bug still bug I disabuse

mclaulau - you've posted the same, off topic, statement to three threads. this is not only spamming but also confusing for everybody else. please open a new thread and try to include a little bit more info.
    thank you, marc

• BinaryAudio I would call tech support for you audio interface and ask them what a compatible buffer setting would be.

thank you so much I almost try everything I believe bufer Audio 128 - 256-512 - 1024 &
    Output USB 1 & 2 L & R audio l & r the first time this bug as much
    with or without the live button it is complicated to make good music
    if in addition there are problems with equipment that does not work very well
    this complicates things :)

• Thanks Marc.

I can confirm that the Virus DOES work, even with the buffer size warning, but it's mildly annoying getting the nag message every time I start it up.
    What concerns me more is the USB audio stream seems to be out of sync with this OS. As i pointed out in my new post regarding this problem, the virus audio stream is 36ms out when using the UA-1000 ASIO drivers and 46ms out when using the Virus ASIO driver in Cubase 5.5.3 (32bit).....this problem did not exist prior to the update.

I need some suggestions to help eliminate this issue....

• same problem i have after updating to the new virus os. Analog out is in time w/ cubase 5.5.3, but the usb outs are out of sync by like 1/64th or somethin. Can't for the life of me figure out how to correct this. Updating cubase and all my motherboard's drivers helped a great deal, but no fix. I'm pretty sure its nothing related to my settings, as everything worked perfectly before the VIrus OS update. Anything look wrong to anyone?

Device setup is as follows:

VST Audio System
    Virus USB ASIO driver
    Input Latency: 3.900ms
    Output Latency: 8.277ms
    HW Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
    HW Pull Up/Down: OFF

Advanced Options
    Normal Audio Priority
    Multi Processing "checked"
    Disable CPU Energy Saving "checked"
    2 Seconds Disk Preload
    Adjust for Record Latency "checked"
    5 Samples Record Shift

VIRUS USB ASIO DRIVER
    Buffer size 128
    I/O
    In1 Visible/ Active
    In2 Visible/Active
    Out1 Visible/Active
    Out2 Visible/Active

• I use an Edirol UA-1000 sound card and it shows errors on booting VC "incompatible buffer sizes" etc... but it works fine, but yes i now have a nag screen on booting VC which i could do without.

I dont use Virus USB audio out, I use analogue outs, and timing is a lot better than previous OS update for me. ARPs are tighter especially...

I use Reaper too, as i had too many issues with Cubase. Reaper works great for me.

Good Luck! :rolleyes:

• Thanks for the feedback guys.

My audio PC is a dual boot system, so I tried out my Virus on the second partition which is running Windows 7 64bit and the latest Cubase 6.03 64bit. The problem with the Virus sync is identical on both my XP and Win7 systems. I've tested it using my Edirol UA-1000 ASIO drivers AND the Virus ASIO drivers on both systems and the problem still persists.

When I render the Virus into audio and bring it back into Cubase 5/6, the audio is late. It's easy to spot because I've been exporting 16th and 8th note patterns with very short decay to give a strong, short attack sound, similar to a drum sample. The notes don't line up to the grid, they are about 30ms late. I've tried everything I can think of, I reinstalled the Virus software, checked the results on two different systems using 2 different versions of Cubase. I've tried both 32bit and 64bit versions of the plugin, I've tried 2 different ASIO drivers, turned off automatic delay compensation, etc.....

The results are the same. The only constant in all tests is the Virus OS and the computers hardware. Intel i7 950 CPU @3.02GHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe MB, 6GB OCZ 1333MHz DDR3 RAM.
    The problem didn't exist before this latest OS, so how do I roll back the Virus OS to an earlier version?

EDIT
    OK, I just un-installed the 4.5.1.15 OS and software and reinstalled the last non beta OS (4.1.1.05) and the problem has gone. Exporting audio back into Cubase now produces rock solid timing results.
    The latest Beta OS was the problem for me......

• after reading your post, i decided to also downgrade to Virus OS 4.1.1.05. In doing so, all of my problems have been solved. I now have perfect sync within cubase 5. Kinda wish i would have just done that from the begining instead of trying to get the new OS to work, but oh well. 8o