Connnecting Virus TI2 as external effector/synth

• Hi...
    I just bought a virus TI2 and I am trying toi use it as an external effector. I am trying to use it according the the 2 following setups:
    1. Use my DJM800 SEND/RETURN and plug the mixer's SEND to Virus INPUT and the Virus OUTPUT to the mixer's RETURN
    2. Plug the output from my soundcard to the Virus INPUT and plug the Virus OUTPUT to a DJM800 channel
    In both cases, by increasing the INPUT THRU parameter of the Virus CONFIG, I am able to hear somkething coming out of the Virus, but in both case, when I try to add an effect such as a DELAY or DISTORTION, nothing hapens, the effects are disregarded...
    Virus unit seems to be working fine since integration with Ableton works perfectly. They guy at the shop, after playing with his demo unit for a while, was able to make a similar setup work... so I know it should be possible...
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
    Thanks!

• Hi,

I'm guessing the INPUT THRU setting will include the dry input signal in the output, which is not what you want to do when using it as an effect unit. You want to include only the wet signal, as this will go back into your mixer which already has the dry signal. I don't have a TI2, so I won't be able to guide you exactly, but on my Virus C, I would do the following...

Under the EFFECTS section, press the EDIT button
    Scroll to the INPUT menu and set it to ToEffects
    Turn the DELAY / REVERB SEND knob fully clockwise (so you only hear the wet signal)
    Send some sound to the Virus

Let us know how you go. Hope I have been of some help.

Regards,

Daniel

• Yeah, the input thru option does just that, it bypasses any effects by the virus.

You can shortcut all the menu digging (which you may wish to do, anyway, just to get used to it) there is a preset in RAM-A (unless you wrote over it, or its different to the TI, if so, then you can find it in the backup libraries on the website) called RAM-A 125 >>INPUT<<.

If you use this you will be ready to go, but there are a few options you may need/want to customise, but this gets you going, anyway....

• Yeah, the input thru option does just that, it bypasses any effects by the virus.

You can shortcut all the menu digging (which you may wish to do, anyway, just to get used to it) there is a preset in RAM-A (unless you wrote over it, or its different to the TI, if so, then you can find it in the backup libraries on the website) called RAM-A 125 >>INPUT<<.

If you use this you will be ready to go, but there are a few options you may need/want to customise, but this gets you going, anyway....

Hi there, interesting quotes, I have the same problem with my virus TI snow. How can I route external sounds through that and use the effects of the virus? I already asked and got goo input from Jörg Hüttner.

Regards Chris :)