Virus running out of voices but i'm only using 4!

• Hate to break this to you, but it can't...who told you it could?

I thought it was supposed to playback all 16 sounds and had some crazy polyphony capabilities. What's the point of having 16 parts if
    it can't even play 1/4 of that? Can it only play 16 default startup sounds? And to think I have the TI2, I wonder how bad version 1 is?

• Dear Roderick,
    The amount of PARTs being used at the same time says nothing about the actual voice load for the Virus. You can have simple sounds with only a few notes per PART and work perfectly fine with 16 PARTs while in other situations you have some massive patches and you only can get 2-3 going. Especially when sounds make use of the UNISON function, the voice count can pile up very quickly.
    So again: the amount of PARTs playing at the same time says nothing about the actual voice count necessary per se.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• one thing i would check is the vca release time in each of the used prorgrams. keep that time as short as possible.

otherwise yes typically 4 simultaneous parts is only possible.
    but 16 parts can be loaded in to the midi channels no problem. i have version 1.

use freeze in your daw software if you have to create more parts.

• A "freeze" function in most DAWs freezes the entire instrument - which wouldn't help in this case, since it would freeze all TI sounds.
    If you're running out of voices, but you want to continue to add sounds from the Virus TI, you basically need to print some sounds to an audio file and mute the corresponding midi parts then (so you can always go back and change the melody, etc. and re-print the sound to audio then).

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner