Virus TI not working well in FL studio HELP

• After a long periode of collecting money I finaly bought my second hand TI, still was € 1000,- and now I find out that there is a problem with the latency. I Feel so bad about this.. how can a expensive piece of equipment fail and even the cheapest vst work perfectly ?

I know it works good in Cubase because I bought it from somebody in a cubase studio but with FL it is a disaster, I can not switch from FL studio to Cubase because I know fl studio 100% and cubase I have no idea how it works.. and I have no time to learn all this all over again.. I need to work..

I need to play without latency on my midikeyboard but like this I can not even seriously work it ?

What to do ? Sell it after 1 day and feel terrible or is there a solution ? (i will not delay all my fl tracks).. I want to work without all this extra work. I tought to plug and play, a TI would be perfect for me.. finaly no midi problems etc, and now I get the biggest nightmare anyway :(

Im realy angry and dissapointed this is not working.

Ofcourse I have read other topics but I can not find a solution, I wonder if there is any solution ? :(

• This has nothing to do with the virus and everything to do with FLStudio. So I recommend going to the official FL forum and asking the developers why, after 10 years of development, they still didn't implement real-time latency compensation and real-time export into their software. The problem is Image line has decided to make sure their software caters to amateurs, and as powerful as the program is, it will never be a choice for producers using hardware, as the support for it in FLStudio is abysmal.

And just to make sure you understand where I'm coming from, I've been using FLStudio for over a decade, know it inside out, loved it to death, and watched it grow from a silly loop tool into the software studio it is today. But as soon as I started using hardware, I had to switch to cubase. Not because I wanted to, but because FL makes it frustratingly hard to use hardware synths in their program, primarily because they still can't handle the latency any external hardware will produce. Not because external hardware has latency, but because their signal must must travel through the PC which does have it. Hence, until they get with the program and implement real-time latency compensation and real-time export like pretty much every other program out there, no hardware user will ever make FLStudio their 1st choice. Not when there are so many great DAW's out there which make it a breeze to work with external gear. There are workarounds to all this, but they completely kill the workflow and make it a chore to use the virus inside FLstudio.

What baffles me, however, is that Image line is actually contributing to the bad rep FLStudio has/had of being an "amateur audio program" by blatantly ignoring any needs of the professional, and focusing exclusively on the amateur and/or software/only user.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• Actually hardware does have latency - but it's usually pretty small.

Using hardware with FL is a breeze - and has been for at least the last 3 years.

FLStudio does have latency compensation, and fixed compensation is fine since your input latency shouldn't be varying.

What's the difference between real-time export and recording? Especially on the virus which only supports real-time operation. OK so its a macro, but it's no faster to activate a macro than it is to arm the relevant audio channel and press record...

• ...But it works fine! ...Or am I in a unique position? ?(

1st of all, you might wanna check the date before replying to a thread...

As far as FL PDC, it does partially work, but it's far from perfect, as you would probably be aware if you used any DAW which has a fully working PDC integration. But let me make this simple for you: Make 2 exactly the same channels in FL playing the same fast attack percussion sound, and set them on separate mixer channels. now put 2-3 FL effect plugins on one (or any other plugin with large latency), and nothing on the other and play them together.
    That phasing you hear is FL PDC not working as advertised. FL doesn't know how to keep them synced, and you get phasing. This isn't as obvious on different samples, but milliseconds are what grooves are made of, and having FL delay a snare by 2ms because a plugin with latency is used is not acceptable. FL supposedly works around this problem during offline export, but as you know, hardware exports realtime only.
    So in short, no. It doesn't work as it should, and no, it's not Access fault (although I kind of wish it was, as I know Access guys would fix it).

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• ...But it works fine! ...Or am I in a unique position? ?(

Not unique ... i'm having no latency with my TI2 using Fruityloops ... I also use a Motu 828 Mk3 Hybrid Interface.

Doesn't mean it works properly though !

Analog vs. Digital ... Why don't use just only the best of both worlds ?
    Virus TI 2 Keyboard - Virus TI Snow - Virus C Desktop

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hardbeat ()