Please Give me some answers on this piece of junk.

• just a adition to the above. i tried it on my i5 macbook before my imac and had more or less the same problems. i stand by my comment of this being utter junk. and it needs fixing

• Hey dude,

I bought a Virus a few weeks ago and had the same problems... However - I seem to have found a way to make it work... First off I have to plug the Virus into my imac so it is at the top of the USB tree. Then with the Virus already switched on, I turn on logic and wait for about a minute before I touch anything. You notice the lights do some funny flashing on the virus and then eventually the LFO lights settle down. After this minute period I hit play and the arps that I previously set up are in sync with the metronome (well, a preset in Ultrabeat anyway)

This may be important or not - Im running the Virus on 4.1.1.05

If your interested - here are my Logic settings

Preferences;

Buffer size 128 (works well up to 512 though)

Process Buffer Small

Plug in Latency Compensation, set to - ALL

Cycle Pre Processing, set to - 1/96 with the smooth algorithm box CHECKED

Settings;

Playback pre roll box CHECKED

Sample rate, any whole multiple of 44.1 - so you can have 44.1, 88.2, or 176.4

This works for me without a hub inbetween the Virus and the imac

The main thing I find though - once you have loaded your 'test arrangement' is to wait about a minute before you press play or touch anything in Logic, just to let the Virus 'settle' in.....

I really hope this works for you, I know I was pulling my hair out!!

• Which usb input? The one closest to the edge or the one closest to the center of the computer?

If Access could just start testing on these imacs then surely they could reproduce the problem.
    Play for about an hour and you will get hanging notes, out of sync arps, Virus not recognized, etc.
    Or don't play it at all and random notes will just start ringing out! :P

My imac is a 2010 i7 running Snow Leopard and Logic 9.1.5. I've been plagued with these problems
    ever since getting my Virus last summer and no updates seem to help at all. There are already multiple
    threads about this. It's definitely an issue and I find that I get more problems when using the TI as a
    multi instrument in Logic rather than just a single channel plugin.

• dude, we had an iMac on NAMM and it worked great. we have an iMac in the office (which is older through) and guess what: no problems. i've just tested against the reports in this thread on a brand new mac book pro and wasn't able to reproduce the issues. so please don't assume that we just have to try it out ourselves ;)
    marc

• hi mark ill be happy to send you a basic arrangement.

please provide me with an email address via pm or in this thread.

also please could you state the exact settings/specification/hardware on your test systems. including which usb port you are using and any settings you have changed.

Ashley.

• Ashley -

i'm using a MBP from mid 2011, 2ghz i7. doesn't seem to matter which USB port i'm using. settings on my test system are the ones i put into the quick start guide, setup guide, sequencer tutorials, VC tutorial - in other words nothing special. i'm testing on lion 10.7.1 with logic 9.1.5 and the latest public beta OS. please send those file into support@ to my attention, they'll forward everything to QA
    cheers, marc

• marc, before we go any further. can you confirm you are using logic in 64bit?

as i am

im also doing some tests on logic 8. and the virus seems so much more responsive.... i have one question. is the problem with logic 32bit. or 64bit .. or both?

im consiedering downgrading to logic 8 seriously...

also might try cubase 6. if the logic 8 doesn't go too well fingers crossed.

• i'm using logic in 32 bit with the OS on 64bit. i can try with 64, maybe this is a difference. logic 8 i wouldn't recommend ...

marc

• from my understanding. 64bit processes always take a little longer, this delay could be causing the disturbances between logic and the virus AU and the virus itself. if this is the case I'm happy to use 32bit until an update is done on apples or access part

please let me know your results.

• i think logic is defaulted to 32bit mode. therefore he hasn't changed it...

i think we may be getting somewhere i have been running logic 9 32bit 9.1.5 on an arp / baseline on a 4 bar loop and no sync issues or confused lfos . for about 20 mins now. usually i have had some sort of blip or crap out. by now.

im gonna leave it running for a hour or so. and then leave it idle and see if i get any notes spat at me.

• dude, we had an iMac on NAMM and it worked great. we have an iMac in the office (which is older through) and guess what: no problems. i've just tested against the reports in this thread on a brand new mac book pro and wasn't able to reproduce the issues. so please don't assume that we just have to try it out ourselves ;)
    marc

I have to assume because that is my setup and many other people still have these problems. Test on more than one imac maybe? See this thread:
    http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2676

Still no resolution!

• Most people still run Logic in 32 bit mode because the 64 bit plugin bridge sucks. I thought that the TI still
    has to use the bridge because it's not a native 64 bit plugin on Mac.

I don't know any exact usage figures myself, but a lot of people I speak to are running Logic in 64 bit, think of all that precious RAM going to waste if you use 32bit :thumbdown: (Of course if you have 4G or less installed then you might as well run it in 32 bit, which is why I asked how much RAM Marc has installed)

I used to get frustrated to bits with the bridge, it is really badly implemented. Luckily for me all the plug-ins I use are now 64 bit so I never have to use that piece of poo ever again. The last piece of my jigsaw to go 64 bit was Reaktor, now it has I feel like a huge restriction has been lifted from my workflow.

The TI doesn't use the bridge.

• i have 16gb ram. use ni massive camalcrusher,camelphat and camelspace. so the bridge sucks for me too.

but the ti software is supposed to be 64bit native. although i haven't had one issue since i started using 32bit earlier. i think the main issue lies with 64bt. but lets see what marc says after doing some tests.

thanks

• …i think the main issue lies with 64bt. but lets see what marc says after doing some tests…

I've asked Marc this before, when I was having problems with my TI a few OS's ago. Like you, I was seeing performance improvements in 32 bit mode, but Marc said that 64 bit was not the problem.

I've learned to get into the habit of disconnecting any un-necessary USB devices when using my Virus, I use a USB drive for Time Machine & this was hogging the bandwidth, when I disconnect it my Virus is generally a happy bunny.