Please Give me some answers on this piece of junk.

• The one closest to the centre for the Virus - then my RME Babyface (USB audio Interface) goes on the USB closest to the edge of the imac.

Sometimes the ARP does go out if Iv been working on a project for a while and not used the Virus for a bit.... I Have to turn the virus off, shut Logic down and then turn it all back on again to get it back in sync --- but that doesn't happen too often for it to really bother me.

Im on an i7 too btw

• Are you using the template from the "Virus TI tutorial song" in Logic or did you make your own? I made my own multi timbral virus ti
    template and was wondering if that is what might be causing problems. Just switched to the tutorial template but haven't used it
    enough to see if I get the issues.

• any more news from marc on this?

the original list you've sent was:

1 Sync issues, up to 5 times an hour.
    2 Weird sounds all on their own when the virus and logic left idle at least once a session
    3 Virus doesn't detect - at least once a day
    4 virus not responding to preset changes. and weird artefact sounds. ..... at least once a house.

the one and only thing i found, under fairly specific circumstances was a way to trigger sync issues. all the rest didn't happen to me at all. the next version will include a fix for what i've found but there is absolutely no guarantee that we talk about sync issues triggered by the same bug. this bug exists in 32 and 64bit and i didn't find 64 bit to behave differently to 32 bit session. and btw, roderick5, the plug-in is 64bit native since ages.
    marc

• *waits for update*

:) still disappointed. spent more time messing around trying to get this to work properly than i have learning and producing music.

• I have just stumbled across this post and am also feeling extremely frustrated and annoyed with not having a fully functional virus as well!
    Is there any update on this issue? Something surely has to be done about these issues users are reporting frequently with the Virus and the new Macbook Pros.

I have just purchased a brand new Macbook Pro / 2.4GHz i7 / 8GB ram and am running Logic 9.1.5 on Lion 10.7.2

What a huge disappointment this has been....after forking out over $3000 for a new computer I thought I was going to be making my life easier. Instead I'm unable to run the most expensive piece of kit I own...WTF!? Is this some sort of a joke? This make no sense to me...my old Macbook Pro from 2006 which I've upgraded from was running this set-up with less problems.

I am definitely regretting buying in to this "total integration" bullshit..."total irritation" is what TI really stands for!

• It seems so many people are having problems with their newer macbooks (including me) apart from Access. They just cannot reproduce your problems...I would honestly like to trust you Access, but it has been too long, too tiring, too expensive and I have started getting frustrated.

I call all users with the same problems to move against Access and their Total Integration advertising policy! Other people should not suffer the same problems! Your non-existing Total Integration has costed me my money, my time, it killed my creativity and it would almost cost me my hearing!!!
    YOUR MACHINE IS DANGEROUS in plugin mode!!! You cannot imagine the loudness of the levels of noise coming out due to one of this communication errors when using virus in USB mode!!! If I had the headphones on my head when it happened (and it has happened more than once) then I could seriously damage my hearing permanently!

• Like you guys, i bought this £2000 piece of hardware expecting something special, ultra powerful and reliable and bulletproof. What i actually get is something that can be a massive hindrance at times. I'm a pc user, i7 2600k, 8gb ram, cubase 5. Everything on my system works flawlessly, except the virus.

Sync issues on a daily/hourly basis. Like several times a session. Quite easy to fix, just stop playback and then resume.

Sometimes i'll get strange sounds, different to what i'd programmed. Save project, reload and its ok again.

These ghost notes, that appear when i'm away from the computer. Its happened in both cubase and ableton, like someone has just pressed a key and held it down. To solve this, i have to remember to power the unreliable virus down, so that it can't start playing itself when i'm away.

Dropped notes, this is annoying. Its supposed to be a multi-timbral instrument, yet it can barely manage one patch without glitches. And disappointingly, it just doesn't have the power to support the full amount of parts it claims. I can get it to drop notes on just one patch - hypersaw, unison to max and use osc3 too, bit of release on amp envelope. Play some chords and it'll drop notes on just one patch. A far cry from the 1800 voices claimed on the site.

Response from support was a bit vague, answering a couple of things, ignoring the rest. Despite the lousy support, annoying bugs and lack of power, i still like the virus. I'd just like to see these issues sorted out, and for there to be more accurate information out there. We shouldn't be reliant on a forum as our primary source of info.

• Gee this thread seems to familiar.......

I have had all these problems in the past and 1 problem still exists for me.
    project will not run in 48KHZ. Only 44khz

I have purchased a short 90cm USB lead to try and sort this problem... failed.
    The virus is connected to the USB on the closest edge to the iMac.
    IR Receiver and iSight have been disabled as they share the internal hub with the Virus.
    I run OSX Lion 64bit and use Cubase 6 and Logic 9 Pro
    My iMac specs are
    iMac late 2009
    Core i7 2.8GHZ, 8GB RAM
    1TB HD
    Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP Firewire interface

I agree at with everyones concerns about this synth. when you pay so much you expect to have perfection.
    Total Integration means VC should work as expected.

Marc mentioned earlier that they used an iMac at the NAMM show and it worked fine. they always use imacs for their demos and seem to work fine.
    So just because it works fine for Access does that mean we are liars?

He also specified that they are aware of the issue I am suffering from and it will be resolved in the next update.

heres hoping....

Chris

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von scientificharmony ()

• It turns out that a lot of the glitches i've been having were due to my midi controller. This might work for others so its worth posting. I had to reprogram my midi keyboard, as some of the cc's were changing the virus settings, such as panning, noise osc, all sorts of stuff. This could also cause sync errors and the notes playing by themselves. Its working a lot better now.

• What the F did they do with 4.5.3? I am getting the same issues. Didn't happen until I updated to the new OS. Pleas tell me that you guys at Access are going to patch this issue. Its a joke to not take this very seriously. Why should I have to hear other Access Virus T1 owners tell me " forget Virus Control, its a piece of sh*t"? Everybody bought the product with intentions to use all of its promised capabilities. I can tell you this. My production sessions are about 30% less productive because of the constant stopping to re-connect the synth's USB. Its a damn shame.

Angry,
    Mike

• What the F did they do with 4.5.3? I am getting the same issues. Didn't happen until I updated to the new OS. Pleas tell me that you guys at Access are going to patch this issue. Its a joke to not take this very seriously. Why should I have to hear other Access Virus T1 owners tell me " forget Virus Control, its a piece of sh*t"? Everybody bought the product with intentions to use all of its promised capabilities. I can tell you this. My production sessions are about 30% less productive because of the constant stopping to re-connect the synth's USB. Its a damn shame.

Angry,
    Mike

Same for me dude, its slowing my work flow down!

hopefully os5 will improve standards :cursing:

• Jesus what did I get myself into :( ???? So let me get this straight, some of you are going back to midi, even though you bought a "TI" Sad..... shoulda just bought something cheaper

So whats the consensus on the right OS to use?????

• I bought my virus not intending to use USB except for VC control, which i dont use much either, except to load new patches.. and program arps if required... Midi is managed via standard ports on back from my Edirol UA-1000 sound rack midi ports. Works for me. As a plugin you need USB but i dont use that much either, i record seperate tracks out of virus analog outs to Reaper audio tracks, unless i need a midi track... which is rare.

The Virus has i distinct sound and is the best VA synth out there IMHO so anything else is a bonus for me. It works as a normal synth would for me, and USB is just another hurdle you have to get over to make it work how you want it to... if you require Audio, Midi, down 1 cable instead of 3 or 4 then its up to you, but your PC & DAW environment MUST be set up to handle it. Like i have said before on these forums, Access cant be responsible for peoples PC/Mac set ups can they??? every one has different setups. And they do try and help solve your problems, so if you think of the USB side of the Virus as a "unpredictable bonus" you wont be as disappointed... and most people dont have probs if set up as Access suggest, and use their recomended software/hardware combis.

SO dont beleive everything you read, after all if your Virus works fine no one will ever complain will they??

;)

• Jesus what did I get myself into :( ???? So let me get this straight, some of you are going back to midi, even though you bought a "TI" Sad..... shoulda just bought something cheaper

So whats the consensus on the right OS to use?????

I use 4.5.3, and it's just fine for me. It throws up a buffer error message when I start Sonar, but it's not a "real" error message and works just fine (the buffers are already set below what it asks me to set it below). So I guess the consensus, as it were, is use the OS that works for you.

That said, if the software wasn't so useful, I'd be happy going back to MIDI (more than happy, because then I could downgrade Sonar back to 8.5...my hatred for X1 knows no bounds, but current budget means I'm "stuck" with it for a while longer). I personally bought it for a good hardware synth, and an upgrade from my Virus B, which is in need of repair. The software was just gravy (damn tasty gravy as it turns out). Hell, I don't even use a laptop/TI for live performance, so the TI wasn't even a consideration for me.

Babble aside, experiment, tweak, use the OS/setup that works for you. You got yourself into a great, flexible and expandable piece of hardware, so it's worth the effort!

• This is so agravating when people attempt to give instructions off the top of their head and without tryin g to follow their own instructions to verifi their meaning.

#1: "Set Logic to use the iMac's own Core Audio driver in the Audio Preferences window"

Do you set the Core Audio Driver for both the Input & Output, or just the Input?

#2: "Create a new MIDI multi device in Logic's Environment"

There is nothing in Logic 9's Environment that states "MIDI multi device". Do you mean, "MIDI-Instrument"?

#3: "Set the Port of this MIDI Multi Device to Virus TI MIDI"

Do you mean, rout the Port of the MIDI… to the Channel Strip that is intended for Virus TI MIDI-Instrument? OR, how do you set the Port of this MIDI Multi Device to Virus MIDI? Because there's nothing in my version og Logic that states "Virus MIDI.

#4: "Assign the External Instrument "plug-in" type to the channel strip of one of the new tracks."

Do you mean, assign the "Virus TI 'plug-in' type"…?

#5. If Multi-timbral for a track is already pre-available, what is the point of your instruction 1 thru 3 above? Am I supose to have two MIDI instrument tracks for the Virus-TI? That's definitely not working for me.

#6: "Open the External Instrument settings for this channel strip (just like you would open any other plug-in window)"

I've never done that before. Where's that located? Would that be to the extream left of the Arrange window and clicking on the drop-down arrows?

#7: "Assign the Virus TI MIDI MIDI multi device to the MIDI input of this External Instrument (in its setting window)"

Do you mean go to the PATCH UTILITY or COMMON page on the Virus Ti plug-in?

You know, I think you just fed us a lot bull for fun to see how much of peoples time you could waist. So, ha ha ha, you won. But don't worry, the Access manual has got you beat by far in waisting my time. HaHa Ha!