USB MIDI - ALSO ENABLE ANOLOG OUTS?

• i want to use my virus ti polar for usb midi only. no Total integration.

how do i then enable the outputs on the virus so i can also use it as an external instrument. in logic thanks

• Hey a5hl3y2k6, i'm not sure if this helps but do try.

Launch VC and click Patch Utility. Select USB Audio mode and set it > 3 Outs/ No Input. Then remove the VC plugin. Analog Output will be available as soon as you set this up.

3 Outs/ 1 Input does disable the analog output somehow.

Also, i had Logic use Access Virus TI as the main audio out/in in the preferences page.

Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]

• Ok let me get this straight.

I want to use my access virus ti polar as an external instrument in logic. as per this guide

http://audio.tutsplus.com/tuto…ment-plugin-in-logic-pro/

my problem is. - i don't have a midi interface. so i want to connect the virus via USB MIDI.

When the Virus is plugged in to the computer via usb and i monitor the inputs (where my virus is plugged in) i get no sound. then when i remove the usb cable within 5 seconds the sound starts working.

when i connect the USB cable it is disabling the analog outputs. can i get the analog outputs and USB midi to work together without it assuming I'm going to be using it via total control.

i don't want to use the bullshit total integration or virus control crap. - i want to use this as if its a piece of old hardware and hook it up to logic as a stand alone unit. .

please advise. as the info I'm getting isn't making any sense to me.

Thank you.

• i have it set to 3 / no input. still the same if anyone uses a mac and ichat can someone help me via screen sharing ?

thanks

• My TI Desktop 1 is always connected to USB, and I can always hear sound through the analog outputs.
    Here are my surround output settings :
    Output : Off
    Balance: -64

BTW, what you're trying to do can definitely be done, it's been my way of working for several years ; I mean using the "Virus TI Synth" (virtual MIDI USB interface), but without VirusControl plugin.

• BTW , what do you see in your "Inputs 2/2" ? Mine reads:
    Mode: Default
    Source: Analog
    Characteristic: Linear.

I'm not sure it makes a difference, I'm just surprised mode can be set to "USB" even when the VirusControl plugin is not being used.

• When I set the Virus up as an external instrument, I select Virus synth as the MIDI out port then when I play the sound comes out of the analog outs straight away.

I'm not 100% sure how you would select the different sets of analog outs - meaning I haven't found it by pressing buttons yet.

EDIT: Put it into Multi mode then press shift & edit to take you to an output selection page.

• BTW , what do you see in your "Inputs 2/2" ? Mine reads:
    Mode: Default
    Source: Analog
    Characteristic: Linear.

I'm not sure it makes a difference, I'm just surprised mode can be set to "USB" even when the VirusControl plugin is not being used.

Hi mine reads the same as that

• My TI Desktop 1 is always connected to USB, and I can always hear sound through the analog outputs.
    Here are my surround output settings :
    Output : Off
    Balance: -64

BTW, what you're trying to do can definitely be done, it's been my way of working for several years ; I mean using the "Virus TI Synth" (virtual MIDI USB interface), but without VirusControl plugin.

mine is exactly the same. and still no sound coming from outputs once usb cable is plugged in. (no total control/software instruments loaded up.)

• no nothing at all. i have just recorded a video of what happens if needed. this is just when using it via an audio input. (for now.)

1. turn virus on.
    2. open logic
    3. new audio track, input 1 -2 which is where the virus is connected.
    4. Monitor Signal, play some notes ------ WORKING FINE

5. - PLUG USB CABLE IN

6. play some notes - nothing,

it is like the usb cable is disabling the analog outputs as soon as it switches to ' usb mode' .

now if i can get the audio to work with the usb cable in. - I'm sure it will work using the external instrument method.

i have done a os update. to see if it helps I'm running latest beta like i was previously.

please help :S

thanks

• That doesn't happen like that for me, I'm using a TI2 desktop by the way.

MIDI keyboard to Virus MIDI In = sound from analog outs

Logic sending MIDI to Virus synth (not Virus MIDI) = sound from analog outs

I really don't know what else I could suggest to you, a pure guess would be to try turning local control off but I don't see how that would affect the analog outs being in use or not.