Crashes, Digital Artifacts, Sound Cutouts

• I've had nothing but problems getting my TI2 Desktop to run reliably since I bought it last October. I can work for about twenty minutes until it does one of the following:
    1) crashes Cubase 6 when trying to open VC after the plugin was already loaded
    2) the sound cuts out completely on all of the odd channels
    3) it's failed to be recognized so I hard reset it, then it may or may not be recognized, if not, I have to restart the computer
    4) sometimes when VC loads there is a digital pop every second from the virus, have to restart again
    Here's a video showing a crash and using just one sound:
    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/610…rectly_connected_vst3.mov
    I've tried different USB cables, attaching the TI directly to my iMac(i5) or Macbook Pro(i7), through a hub, every port, reinstalling the OS, reinstalling the previous OS, using Logic, and using Ableton.
    I'm running 10.6.8 and Cubase 6.0.3 on an iMac Quad Core i5 2.66ghz and a Macbook Pro i7 2.66ghz
    I've contacted support without hearing back yet.

• in other words go install windows xp it works normally there, win 7 -64b i have same issues it crashes every 10-20 min, after fresh install, friend got this on win xp no crushes...
    i would love to know where is the crash reports stored as could send you a dose of them myself,,, :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• So, I was instructed to buy the Belkin 7 port hub and I'm still having the same problems with VC. Cubase crashes nearly every time I try to open VC after working for a bit. Argh.

• Hi herizens

I am too on a mac 10.6.8 but with logic and wanted to ask why Access team said you need a usb hub....because i have some of the problems you outlined but have not yet been given any concise feedback to what i feel is a definite bottleneck on my usb bus......

So i would really appreciate your help on this if you can find the time.....I see you mention a 7 port Belkin hub......what model exactly and was it described to you that this method is preferred over a pci-e to usb hub solution..........

I only ask you directly because you seem to have had some help and the odd reply i have had off Marc has not helped me in any way...siiiiiii :S

• Thanks horizens but can you tell me why they advised you on this and dose this make a usb port that might be shared into its own dedicated high speed usb port x 7.....as i am a little confussed.....

thanks

• Hi Marc.....yes i know it is but it isn't clear cut either and i'am sure you lot would make great politicians the way you seem to be so smug dancing around the actual answers!

Best Louis

• I thought I should update the community. After a few rounds back and forth with support, this was the final response to my inquires about Cubase crashing:

"Thank you for the crash report. I hope we will have a fix for this in the upcoming OS versions."

The words "hope" and "versions" sealed the deal. I'm selling my TI and moving on. Too much wasted time trying to get a $2300 piece of gear to work.

• Dear Dave,
    The recommendation regarding the hub was about the initial issues you posted in this particular ticket after I saw that you were on a Intel i5 Mac system.
    The hub recommendation was absolutely *not* pointed towards the Cubase crashes. This is a different issue and has nothing to do with the connection problems you initially reported in this support ticket.
    The Cubase issue is a different one and I received your crash report. Thanks for that.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner