This might be of some help to reaper users on routing and using Keyboard split in reaper.

• First of all thanks to David gary73 for telling me how to get all 16 channels = basicaly when you open reaper it comes up with= Do you want to open the following stereo 1/2 =stereo 3/4 stereo 4/5 =click no then you get the picture of the virus software , click on options then click on build 16 channels.

Now i hope, i can be of some help to some of you on the following = routing and keyboard split.

Ok now you have the 16 channels , looking at the access page put a sound from the browser into 1 , and a sound from the browser into 2, now looking at your reaper page you will notice that the red light in the first block next to virus ti is on (record armed) miss the next block (Virus t i m 1) and go to the next one which will have (virus t i m 2) make sure this is record armed as well and then put recorm monitoring to on (green triangle thing) you should now have 2 sounds playing together. Do the same thing to add the 3rd , 4th , etc.
    Now to split the keyboard so that i can play a lead in the top half and the bass in the lower half = ok on reaper go to number 2 (virus t i m 1) right click on it within the square and go to add virtual instrument , go down to js in the left hand side click on it and find js. midi note filter drag that into the NO 2 BOX (virus t i m 1) you will now be able to adjust high and low notes of the keyboard, i have set the low note to 60 so the lead is now playing in the top half of the keyboard and i have left the high note at 127. Do the smae thing in Virus t i m 2 but this time ive set my low note to 0.co and high note to 60.c5 so now the bass is only in the lower half of the keyboard. You can even put a controler in the square click on Parm when your adjusting the keyboard range and then click on show in track controls so you will be able to adjust the range of the keyboard from your main daw page.

I no some of you will probaly allready no all this , but as ive just found this out , i hope by putting this on here it might help. :)

• I know this thread is ancient, but I'm still having problems setting up Virus in Reaper. I really just don't understand the routing. The template provided, above works, but the problem is, it routes everything to the created USB1 track, and none to the USB2 or USB3 track. I'm sure it's something I just need to change in some routing somewhere, but I'm not sure what to do. Anyone help? Thanks.