Derived mod value descriptions

• I'm not really sure how else to name this, but I'll start off describing the situation that made me think of this:

I was editing a sound, and had an oscillator set to a specific spectral wave I liked. I then decided that I wanted to have the oscillator start with a base sine wave, and have a soft knob change the wave to the spectral wave I liked, when twisted to max. So the knob at min would be a sine wave, and knob at max would be that particular spectral wave.

Unfortunately, while trying to set the amount to have the mod matrix change this, I realized that all I have are what seem to be arbitrary numbers there. That is, I can have the mod matrix change from -64 - +63, but what does that mean when you are changing a field that only has 64 options? So it's rather difficult to determine the mod matrix amount I need.

So, here's my request. I'd like each modulator, whether a control in the mod matrix, or an LFO or whatnot, to display, besides the numbers currently displayed, a derived value showing how much it will change whatever destination is being edited. So in the above example, I'd like to see:

Controller 13 +37 (+24) Osc1 Wave Select.
    In that case, I would know that the actual mod matrix amount is +37, but that it should increase Osc1 Wave Select by at most 24 waves.

Likewise, an LFO could, e.g. for pitch, display:
    Osc1 Pitch
    +20.3% (+9)
    Indicating that it would change the pitch by 9 half steps.

Admittedly, some such derived values might be more useful than others, but I could see this potentially being helpful, such as in the first example.
    Than again, I'm not the most experienced Virus user, so maybe I'm approaching things the wrong way here, and approaching things the right way would negate the need for such a feature.

Any thoughts? Also, if somebody just happens to know what mod matrix amount I'd have to use to change wave select from sine to wave 24, please let me know; I gave up trying to determine that for the night after like an hour.
    noct

• It should be 1:1 in that case, where negative assignment would do nothing if you were already at the bottom (sine = 0 i guess, so it clips there). If 24 doesnt do it then surely you can just tweak it up or down until you get what you want?

If I remember I'll have a look, though... it's something i havent played with...

• I'll give that another try, but it didn't *sound* like I had the correct wave when I tried that earlier. Perhaps I should start a new, simple sound and try and determine this there, and then use those results.