Hardware differences: TI vs TI2 (Same problems?)

• Hi. I thought it might be appropriate to create a thread about this before investing in a TI2.

I was wondering if anyone has had the same issues with the TI2 after upgrading from a TI version 1? I would really love to have the additional polyphony that the TI2 offers, but would also hope that the problems I'm having were solved with the upgrade. I have bought a whole new PC, bought a PCI-e USB2.0 card, bought a Power Conditioner, cleaned the USB cable thoroughly, disabled all power saving features in BIOS, tweaked my PC as much as I possible can, but still have issues.

Q1. Has any hardware inside the TI2 been altered to solve issues that the TI1 has? (other than the changes to give it more processing power and polyphony.)

Q2. Has the pitch modulation issue ( see this video ) been solved with any of the hardware changes in the TI2? (i.e. Maybe a change to the PLL chip's loop filter design to make the locking speed quicker so it doesn't modulate all over the place while trying to maintain sync with the PC's USB clock.)

Q3. Will my arpeggios play in time and not have a 9ms pre-delay compared to everything else? ( a big problem I have had since OS 4.1.0.16 and all later OS's - see this rar file. )

Thanks in advance for any information and help.

• The Ti2 will change nothing of your issues. I agree that pitch drifting really needs to be fixed and shouldn't happen. The pre-delay you mention - is that when using the analog out for that part while still having the VC plugin running in the project?

• The Ti2 will change nothing of your issues. I agree that pitch drifting really needs to be fixed and shouldn't happen. The pre-delay you mention - is that when using the analog out for that part while still having the VC plugin running in the project?

The 9ms pre-delay is only when using the arpeggiator, and I have only tested it using USB mode directly into an audio channel in Cubase. I've never used the analog outs at the same time as the Virus Control plugin. It only occurs with any OS beyond 4.0.5.01, which is why I'm sticking with this OS version until it's been solved.

If you have Cubase 4 or beyond, you can try this project. Track 1 is single notes running with the click track. Track 2 is the arpeggiator performing the same pattern. There are some images showing the spectral view in Adobe Audition where the predelay is visible. For me, it is 100% replicable and there's no way I can 'nudge' the TI into working correctly with any OS beyond 4.0.5.01.