Midi buffer overflow

• First time this has popped up.
    Every time I boot the TI up, random notes are playing and the TI becomes uncontrollable (even panic).
    I received one error "Midi buffer overflow"
    Rebooting doesn't solve the issue
    Any ideas ?

• What's the exact Cubase 5 version you're at, the exact OS X 10.5 version in use and what audio buffer size is set in Cubase?
    Also what other USB Midi devices are connected to this setup and have you done any TI reset or shut down and restart of the entire system in the meantime?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• I found that there were no midi loops and I had rebooted the whole system, with the problem re-occurring.
    I needed to downgrade the version to 4.0.something.
    So far so good.
    Funny that my keyboard is still ok under that version, but I had to downgrade the desktop.
    I'm still having problems with the latest Beta version posted in this thread: http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2957

P.S.- I'm still using the same Cubase project and haven't changed any USB ports and running ok. Suggests a probable bug in latest version

• I would still appreciate if you could post your exact Cubase version and the exact version of OS X 10.5 you're currently on. I never experienced a "Midi Buffer Overflow" error message on any of my Macs with Cubase 5 and the other thread has nothing to do with this at all. This is definitely not a known issue with the latest beta, so I would appreciate if you could post a bit more details or send me an email with these details to

support [at] access-music.de

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner