Snow / Logic / iMac JUNK !!!!!!!

• You don't want to hear this. I was sat on the loo, track stopped and all of the sudden blasts of notes. This rather expensive bit of kit has more or less done the same thing from the day of purchase.

You may well have pulled off a 'I want that sound' synth, but I simply cannot recommend your quite rightly called "Junk" to anyone in the professional field.

Absolutely shocking for such an expensive keyboard.

Do me a favour, stop bringing out betas and new features and work on stability. In fact, I'm calling out to BC here as he makes things look so simple. Ben, do you suffer the same blight that I do? But could I trust your answer?!

I'm no amateur, believe me, and the only piece of hardware in my setup that gives me problems happens to be the TI.

I will go out of my way to rubbish the Access name, like it needs to be rubbished! I'll take this viral, believe me. Looking for answers.

• Serious comunication problem. Playing other AU plugins in Logic. huge latency. Again, the tempo led seems to be the problem. Once its settled down, everything seems to work. I will shout from the roof tops if this aint sorted soon. And trust me, I can shout loud.

• I shouldnt laugh but that made me smile "was sat on the loo, track stopped and all of the sudden blasts of notes." :thumbup: mental images in my head! he he...

Anyway, hope you get your problem sorted. Sounds like a typical USB problem to me related to your DAW and it is frustrating, but all Virus's are built equal and systems are not!... so logical to me its software sending note on/off messages. Try a cheap usb to midi interface, and use standard midi ports to eliminate virus USB-Midi port probs, and see if that helps?... 8)

• i've bought one of the Belkin Hubs recommended to me by Access...the one with a multi-translation chip!...JEEEESE its coming from Germany via Amazon,some serious hoop jumping going on...fingers crossed when it arrives it will be the end to my troubles and i can finally get on with productions... ;( i really hope so.....can anyone recommend a modern usb hub with multi-translation chips....even Korg electribes updated their readers etc..why do i even need a bloody hub...grrr

• do you use a hub?..is it one of the multi translation chip hubs..or dont you need one...i have those held blast note problems too...but am hoping new Hub will solve this.

• Ok guys and girls

Today is my last test for my Virus Tu (total useless) keybore.

Im presently in work process with access support to solve the famous usb communication and out of sync &&*?&&*%% error.

And trust me, i tried everything possible: different cables, different ports, the famous belkin hub tt, virus alone in the computer and bla bla bla. I tried these procedures on 2 differents computers pc and mac: quad core, i5.

The last thing they suggested me is to try it in a dual-core computer to see if the vc communication happens again. If not, this is suppose to not be an hardware problem, if yes: my ti have a problem. ( they said that i3, i5 and i7 processor can be the problem)

If yes, i think i will sell my brand new i5 iMac to buy 4 old craps pentium II computer and maybe i will be able to make one hundred 1 track songs of 10 sec each and release a decent album.

This is funny, because i hope it will be an hardware problem because if not, i'm doom. This is the first time in my life i hope something is broke.

I come back in a couple of hours to tell you if this working on an old dual-core computer.

• Ok ,

Now's the result for my test on an old dual-core computer running windows xp 32 bit sp2:

1-I don't get the vc communication error at the start of my cubase session so i don't have to unplug it and replug it every time.

2-But, i get the same sync errors as ever (arp unsync, cutoff return to a spot point by itself etc.).

I noticed that the virus (even with differents cables setup) send midi data even if i don't touch it , so the cutoff of every patch go back to a spot point by itself.

I know this thread is about snow , logic and iMac, but i know we all have same kind of problems with every different setups.

I just sent another mail to Jorg and a little video to show him how my virus act. I will come back soon to told you if it's an hardware problem or not so maybe some of you will not have to live the hell of unknown false bugs (because the hardware can be the problem).

Have a good day!

• in now no longer get error messages..buffer size is correct and no usb error messages..but massive distortion sounds and hanging notes(my recommended Belkin hub is still on the way)...basically still no joy..Virus syncing is all over the place..i should really wait for my new hub witht he multi translation chip....but shouldnt it work!?..i now have no error messages so whats the problem now?....should i try a different software version i'm using 4.5.1.15 is that what you meant Marc?