HELP how do i EQ Each track seperate in 16 track multitimberal mode .

• How do i EQ each track seperate without it affecting all the tracks ? i know how to automate them seperately but not how to add a EQ or a compressor and so on . BTW i am using logic pro 9 as the host . Thanks

• Thanks man , One more question though . How do i bounce the virus tracks to audio ? Everytime i try the virus tracks are gone when i burn a cd .

• You have to record them in real time. Bouncing is not supported.

So what is the point of Total integration if i have to go back to standalone mode to record ? That goes against all the automation work iv'e done and everything . WTF

• So what is the point of Total integration if i have to go back to standalone mode to record ? That goes against all the automation work iv'e done and everything . WTF

You don't need to go back to stand alone mode, when you want to record your Virus tracks make sure you select Bounce (cmd - B) & check the Realtime box, do not select Bounce In Place (ctrl - B) as this is done in Offline mode & the Virus or any other external instrument does not support offline bouncing.

• welcome to hardware synths.. it's called tracking ;)

I realize that , i have other hardware synths . i just don't understand why you have a 16 channels of the virus that you set up and record on each one and do your mixing and automation, eq etc. only to have to basically recreate them in standalone mode . Even if you save the patches you can't save the automation can you ? This just doesn't seem logical . I've got to be missing something !

• This just doesn't seem logical . I've got to be missing something !

Yes, you are :)
    Of course you can save patches AND one automation for each track!
    Why do you think you have to go "back to standalone mode"?
    Maybe I was a little bit unclear when I said that "you had to record them in real-time" : this only means that you can't render/bounce/record/freeze a track faster than real-time, as VSTi usually allow. It does not mean you have to PLAY you track (with your fingers) to record it! Your DAW will do it for you.
    Just stick to Ruari advice, he has explained all.

I'm using Ableton Live, here's how I usually work : I redirect the audio output of the virus to an audio track, then I select this track for recording and I hit play. The MIDI track controlling the Virus takes care of sending notes and automation, while the audio track ends up being filled with all the Virus-originating part of my song.
    When I want to render my song, I mute the output of the Virus, and enable the output of the audio track.
    This is a way of getting the Virus early out of the rendering process, which does not occur in real-time, but as fast as the computer allows it.

• Thank you . This makes since and i appreciate it . shame on me for not understanding from the get go . LOL . I thought that i had to go to standalone mode to record each track separate and i didn't realize i could do this while in multi t. mode . i thought all of the tracks would record into one .

• You don't need to go back to stand alone mode, when you want to record your Virus tracks make sure you select Bounce (cmd - B) & check the Realtime box, do not select Bounce In Place (ctrl - B) as this is done in Offline mode & the Virus or any other external instrument does not support offline bouncing.

Thanks rauri