No sound through USB with Ableton

• Hi There,

I'm loading the default tutorial for Ableton (Virus TI Tutorial Song), hit play and there is no sound. Change the outputs to Out 1 (L&R) and I get sound.

When I change the Audio Inputs/Outputs in Ableton to use the Virus, Ableton grinds to a stand still.

Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers,
    Desmond

• Dear Desmond,
    We need more information to be able to help.
    Are you on Mac or PC and which version of the computer operating system? Also what kind of computer is this exactly and what other USB devices are connected to this setup besides the TI and mouse/keyboard ?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Mac OSX 10.6.6 on a MacBookPro with 2 USB ports. 1 USB port dedicated to the Virus TI. I've also noticed the BPM LED is flashing quite inconsistently and some notes are stuck (pressing panic clears it but it happens again in a short period)

• When you connect the Virus with USB audio, the output in Ableton will default to your main on on your audio interface or soundcard. Are you hearing it there?

Nope, that's exactly the issue.

• Okay, that's what I needed to know. Let's start from the beginning. I'm going to give you some startup instructions to get you up and running pal.

1. Start a new Ableton project with only 2 Midi Channels.
    2. Drag the Virus Control into channel 1 and rename it VC.
    3. Rename your 2nd Midi channel Virus 1.
    4. Route Virus 1 to control VC through Midi, but it MUST control channel 1 ONLY.
    5. By default VC should be routed to master out, so if you Record Arm Virus 1 you should hear VC playing audio AND see the VU meter moving.

Did this help you out at all?