Modulation Sources

• Can someone explain to me how these sources are triggered?

1) Chan Pressure
    2) Controller 3,9,12,13,14,15,16
    3) Data Entry
    4) Balance
    5) Expression
    6) Portomento sw
    7) Sost Pedal
    8) Velocity on/off
    9) Key Follow
    10) Arp Input

Many thanks!

• They all correspond to MIDI control change numbers. For example, Controller 3 is CC#3 and Data Entry is CC#6. To see what all the corresponding control change numbers are, click CONFIG on the TI hardware, find the Control Pedal or Hold Pedal parameters and look at the range of values available for either of those parameters.

You can also download this info in a handy MIDI Implementation Chart PDF.

So, as well as with the Control Pedal or Hold Pedal, you can trigger them with the Virus's MIDI IN.

Simon

Virus TI2 Polar | TIOS 4.5.3.00 | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Windows 10 Professional

• Chan Pressure = Aftertouch. Use this to tweak a parameter with your keyboard expression.
    Expression = Keyboard Expression Pedal. Us this to control a parameter with your foot.
    Key Follow = Keyboard Range Control. Depending on how the amount you feed, this will allow the low notes on your keyboard to send a low amount and the high noted to send a high amount or visa versa depending on how you set the modulation amount. I.E. Positive or negative.
    I hop this helps.

• Going back to the original question, some of these are conventional names for MIDI control change numbers that don't necessarily need to do anything or be triggered by anything to do with the name.

For example, Sost Pedal ( control change number 66) is short for Sostenuto Pedal. But Sostenuto is not actually implemented on the Virus. So you can assign Sost Pedal to any parameter(s) on the matrix and you don't necessarily need to use a footswitch to trigger it.

Similarly, what does Data Entry (CC#6) mean? I looked this up on the web. Apparently CC#6 is conventionally triggered by a ribbon controller. Well, I don't have a ribbon controller. Instead, I trigger CC#6 with an expression pedal. This is very handy because many preset patches have Data Entry controlling parameters via the mod matrix and often linked to a soft knob, in which case I can control by foot whatever the soft knob controls.

Virus TI2 Polar | TIOS 4.5.3.00 | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Windows 10 Professional