Virus TI knob recording

• Hi ,

I have been the proud owner of a TI for nearly a week now and I have to say that I love it...., it makes me so happy, a thing of real beauty.

I have one small problem though, when using it within cubase 5 I can record notes, no problem but when I go to tweak the knobs on the virus....nothing, the transport bar within cubase shows no activity.

I have searched this forum and the only reference I can find is that I need to record automation data??? surley I should see the midi input activity bar in cubase at least recognise that I am moving a dial.

What I would like is to be able to play my virus via my midi keyboard and also record knob twiddles via the TI....tell me this is possible.

My setup is, Cubase 5, Win XP, access TI Desktop

Please help, I dont want to fall out with my Virus....Ever.

James

• The transport bar of Cubase won't show any activity, since the TI does not send out the knob movements as Midi Controllers once the Virus TI Control plugin is active. It sends out the movements as automation events of the used music software.

In Cubase you can find the automation tracks in a folder called "VST Instruments" in the project window. This folder contains a sub-folder for each instrument loaded into the "VST Instruments" rack of Cubase. These are the automation tracks.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner