TIOS 4.5.2.07 has been released

• A new public release for the entire Virus TI series of synthesizers is available here:

http://virus.info/start

Change Log:

Resolved issues, refinements and new features:

• VC: opening VST3 Plug-In window multiple times could crash OS X host software (fixed)
    • VC: crash in Cubase on OS X when using both VST3 and VST2 Plug-In (fixed)
    • VC: stability on OSX when using projects with lots of automation (improved)
    • VC: only first and last value stored when recording automation in Pro Tools (fixed)
    • VC: occasional crashes when changing the USB port on Mac (fixed)
    • VC: Virus TI Snow Plug-In created uncompensated latency (fixed)
    • VC: distorted audio on certain Mac models (fixed)
    • VC: USB output settings were lost after switching off/on device (fixed)
    • VC: Generation of support profiles out of Virus Control
    • VC: (Mac) MIDI timing improved
    • IN: Legacy manuals removed from installer.
    • VCC: wrong status and version displayed when updating Virus TI
    • SE: Crackling can occur with certain patches (fixed)
    • SE: Arpeggiator Sync better with VC now
    • SE: Rotary Speaker gets the signals correctly in Oscillator Split Mode
    • SE: Random Generator works correctly now
    • SE: Synced LFO's will run at correct timing, after you change the LFO Clock
    • SE: Unison LFO Phase works correctly now
    • SE: Mod Matrix assignments will not “drift in time” any more

Known issues:

• Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase.
    • Ableton Live still changes MIDI timing of tracks recorded with Virus Control instantiated.

• Thanks for this Marc.

I see mention of crackling being fixed with certain patches. Does this have to do with all the complaints certain users have been having with VC crackling, or is this something else? Is this crackling issue 100% solved now or is there still work to be done?

Thanks again.

• Thanks for this Marc.

I see mention of crackling being fixed with certain patches. Does this have to do with all the complaints certain users have been having with VC crackling, or is this something else? Is this crackling issue 100% solved now or is there still work to be done?

Thanks again.

the crackling you've reported we only partially could replicate. those crackles we were able to replicate we found the reason for and fixed it.
    best, marc

• Thanks Marc. Partially is better than nothing. I am grateful effort was put in at all and at least something came of it. When I found some solid time to sit down and play around I will surely give things a try and see how they fare. I will let you know of my findings. Thank you.

• thank you so much for your information!

the description says: "This software is compatible with MacOS X 10.5 or higher."

so could we consider that release compatible with MacOS X 10.7 (Lion)?

• wow, are the suite is correct?

because it has 3 crucial bugs:

1. When using unison on hypersaw, stereo spread doesnt work.
    2. midi signals for keys seems like broken randomly on patches, i press G on one patch and i cant hear, i press A i hear small volume, i press D i hear it in high volume, i open any other patch it works fine, i open another patch it works fine, i open another patch, it behaves bad again.
    3. Latency compensation, it reports fault latency.

Virus Ti Snow
    Win 7 Home Premium64 bit
    FL Studio 10.0.8

• same here W7 x64 Cubase 5 (32-bit)

The stereo spread somehow causes a voice problem. with a hard stereo spread, the voice jumps randomly from the left to right speaker or vice versa.

• There are problems for sure!!
    Walk through the patches from the "Impulse factory Hardstyle soundset"
    Some patches sound distorted, some do not sound at all, from some patches some keys do not give a signal or a very low or hard signal etc etc etc

Windows XPsp3 32 bit and Virus TI 1 Desktop

B.t.w. I can not reproduce the "hypersaw problem"

• Does the 64bit installer include the 32bit VSTplugin versions of Virus TI Snow.dll? I run Cubase 6.04 64bit and 32bit versions on Windows 7 64bit for compatibility and I need both 32bit and 64bit binaries. I'm assuming that I need the 64bit installer for the drivers, so how do I get the 32bit plugin files if they are not installed by the 64bit installer?

Thx.

• Does the 64bit installer include the 32bit VSTplugin versions of Virus TI Snow.dll? I run Cubase 6.04 64bit and 32bit versions on Windows 7 64bit for compatibility and I need both 32bit and 64bit binaries. I'm assuming that I need the 64bit installer for the drivers, so how do I get the 32bit plugin files if they are not installed by the 64bit installer?

Thx.

there is 32bit vst version in installer :)

• but in any way there problems, and those problems are very big :)

I agree on that. For me it's totally unusable and I'm already back to the previous beta version.
    I can not imagine nobody else noticed this because I discovered this after a few minutes of testing. I did reset the virus after install, I restarted my PC but nothing helped. After that I installed the last beta version again and everything "sounds" normal again.

I hope it can be solved quick.

Cheers

• Possible Bug:

Begin with the "start" patch. Select hypersaw with a density of 1 for oscillator 1 (I didn't test any other oscillators). Turn unison on to any even number. Select analog 4 pole with the filter balance set to filter 1 and turn the cutoff all the ay down (again, I didn't test anything else). Turn your filter envelope, key follow, and filter velocity all the way up. Where's the sound? If you turn the unison off, the sound returns. If you turn the filter velocity off, the sound also returns.

• i ve upgraded to the last OS. THen i open a cubase project where i was working with 45115 OS, and one patch doesn't sound right....I ve tried to open a new project and select that patch...but it still sounds bad. So i come back to 45115 OS and all is ok. I use windows 7 and cubase 6.