TIOS 4.5.2.07 has been released

• hi i upgraded to the latest os and i'm having problems, the install goes fine, but when I load a virus into a project i'm told that im using an unusual buffer setting and that i need to adjust it to something like 256/512 etc., it's not syncing very well and some if not all notes fail to play.

previous os didn't show this problem. I've rolled back to os4.1.5 and am back to normal so no probs there, I'm using Sonar x1 and have just upgraded to the expanded edition so the problem could be on cakewalks side of the fence, i'm also using xp sp3 32 bit

anyone else seen problems like this

cheers jimmy

• Got some bugs too ;(

The sound of some presets is sometimes low, sometimes high.

So I must to downgrade to the bêta 4.5.1.15 who is more stable for me.

TIOS 4.5.2.07 has been tested on:

Host Sequencers: Cubase 5 / Studio One 32 Bit for both
    TI Model: Snow / 32Bit DLL

I hope Access find the problem.

• Unison won't work well.
    Fail in twin, 4, 6,7 and 8 voices, sounds like filter cutoff at low value.
    Works well in 3 and 5 voices.
    A big bug in unison mode. Beta versions works fine.
    EDIT: Turn off Velocity Map: Filter 1 Env Amount to 0, unison works.
    Maybe, another weird thing found, about Hypersaw and subosc volume, at full subosc level, osc 1 Hypersaw sounds at 0 level.

Regards.
    Juan.
    Virus Ti2 Keyboard.
    Cubase 6 64 bits.

• Hello forum, hello Access,
    Now that I heard carefully all my RAM patches - and not only my project patches - i confirm two issues.
    First issue - some patches listened quietly
    Second issue - some patches listened distorted

greetings
    cheers

• a few seconds ago returned back to previous version 4.5.1.15 , and i haven't any more these two issues

********************* EDIT *************************
    For my previous post

Internal battery in my Polar it's off - it's dead.
    i don't know if it's affects some other parameters.

• Unison bug confirmed :
    Just try preset 'ROM A0 3-Dumm HS'. Press EDIT-button, go to Unison and dial in some additional Voices. On Twin, 4, 6, 7 and 8 the sound is much duller, like the filter cutoff is much lower!

On my own programmed sounds, those that use Twin Unison, filter cutoff is much lower only in the left channel.
    Peter.

• I can confirm an issue with Unison - when it turned on, Velocity Map is not working properly. Because of it, you can't hear some patches or having pan or filter issues. It can be reproduced by turning on Unison and setting velocity map of something to value greater than zero.

• previous OS version did not show a warning but the recommendation to use buffer sizes which equal a power of 2 were there for a long while.
    marc

• yes, there is a problem with unison and a new version will be issued which will address it. for now, if you put unison to an odd number that will fix it

That explains the mystery.

Yesterday I was working on a patch which had 4 bars in the complexity meter without any unison turned on, when I selected twin unison it went down to 3 bars, then when I went to 3 unison it went back up to 4 again.

• I have the same Unison bug.
    Works well only in 3 and 5 voices. Fail in twin, 4, 6, 7 and 8 voices.

Host Sequencer: Cakewalk Sonar X1 64bit
    TI Model: Virus TI2 Desktop / 64Bit dll

• yes, there is a problem with unison and a new version will be issued which will address it. for now, if you put unison to an odd number that will fix it - of course that's not idea but maybe it will help those who need to work over the weekend.
    hth marc

Do you also plan to correct this issue in next version:
    • Ableton Live still changes MIDI timing of tracks recorded with Virus Control instantiated.
    ?