Recording (stereo mix) - TI polar as soundcard and Cubase 5

• Hi guys,

After scrolling all 15 pages about recording on virus as soundcard without sucess, I place here my doubt... I'm current using my TI polar as soundcard (the only I have for the moment) and I was wondering how I could record internet sounds (youtube, for example) and pc sounds (windows media player ie) through Cubase 5.

In the most of soundcards all you have to do in the mixer software is put a "send" in windows (wave) audio channel to an asio input and then in cubase route this new asio input into device manager. press record and it 's done! but the same doesn't happen in the virus polar soundcard... at least I couldn't manage to record any external audio so far.

Any of you have tried that already? I'm not able to route windows (wave) sound to be recorded in Cubase.

thanks!!

• Try to "program" a sound that uses the input, e.g. a vocoder patch with no actual processing (all effects are off). Play something to the soundcard output and try to redirect the patch output to USB1, 2 and 3 (common tab) just to see that it's working. Oh, maybe Cubase doesn't let you use the 3-output feature... can't recall right now. But, anyway, try to record the output now that you have a patch programmed.

Hope it helps, vague as it may be...