TI Crackling

• Hi Folks,

Bored of posting. TI has been great since this new release sync wise but now I get HF crackling on patches. Confirmed as muting TI solves it. I'm done moaning, this is how it is and always has been.

• this really shouldn't be your problem its a disgrace..shelling out nearly 2 large for what amounts to shoddy software...regardless of how old or new your computer is....it seems that its accepted for people to spend large amounts of time fiddling and tweaking and posting...how is this the responsibility of the consumer?...we want to make music..not give ourselves high blood pressure screwing over something that is either unsolved or unreleased..either way it amounts to a lot of money and a waste of effort

• this really shouldn't be your problem its a disgrace..shelling out nearly 2 large for what amounts to shoddy software...regardless of how old or new your computer is....it seems that its accepted for people to spend large amounts of time fiddling and tweaking and posting...how is this the responsibility of the consumer?...we want to make music..not give ourselves high blood pressure screwing over something that is either unsolved or unreleased..either way it amounts to a lot of money and a waste of effort

Haha.. I would like to remind you guys the new OS is a BETA release.. making you BETA testers ;)
    I hear you with the crackling.. my Virus was crackling like a campfire upon installing this new release and making it work. I haven't had crackling from my virus in a LONG time before this.. and I ran a 96k buffer before which according to this new box that pops up is a no no? Plenty of crackling in the new one at 128k buffer though.
    I'm on win 7x64 and OS4.1 is the best I've used so far. I might try out the other OS4.5 beta pretty quick here though as this new one may be unusable.

• i havent waded through all the different releases.....i should....... .still trying to calm down over all the effort spend trying to get this thing to work seamlessly...perhaps i'll ahve better luck with a different release...i hope so.

• hardy hah..such a joke...it would seem in my particular case..it doesnt matter which operating system i run beta or not..i'm still having troubles..crackles pops. bad playback sync..working feels like sampling off and old VHS video Prodigy style..its pathetic...its going back i think.

• hardy hah..such a joke...it would seem in my particular case..it doesnt matter which operating system i run beta or not..i'm still having troubles..crackles pops. bad playback sync..working feels like sampling off and old VHS video Prodigy style..its pathetic...its going back i think.

please work with access support to get your problem solved.
    marc

• what exactly is there left to do???.....all operating systems have been tried...the most stable and i use the term loosely is 45115....still arpeggiator sync issues..phantom noises(these i have accepted and moved on)
    but in general its extremely buggy...i am pretty sure its down to the fact that i have a very new Mac with Lion and the latest Ableton live 8...in short i think Access haven't caught up yet...the alternative is that software doesn't actually work on newer systems...i have no buffer issues no usb conflicts..i have as recommended use a Belkin hub...its just completely unstable...i would love to try out the Atomizer but when i routed my audio out my interface into the Virus it completely failed to work..so something is definitely wrong...any suggestions would be much appreciated...it has to work for the future of Access music and Apple Macs right??!

• I just got a TI2 desktop the other day. I was getting bad crackles and pops, odd noises, glitches etc. which I cured by connecting the SPDIF of the sound card and the virus, then driving the sound card timing from SPDIF in. With the Virus producing the timing signal, things calmed down. (You may not have SPDIF though.)

MIDI timing was still way off though, so I tried using the Virus as my sound card. Instantly everything worked like a dream, with the advantage of the possibility of extreme low latency when playing the synth. Have you tried that yet? I've now got both interfaces plugged in to my mixer. For now I can swap between them if I need the extra ins and outs of my main sound card - but it would be nice to fix the 1212m and Virus combination properly.

• Hey Darth Fader(nice name :))..thanks for the reply...using the Virus as a Soundcard isnt really an option for me ...i do have Spdif but dont use it...bit worried about any more issues at this point...it would be a handy extra output.

• Lol! Darth Fader would be a great name, you're right. Ah well, too late now.

If your sound card has SPDIF in, try getting a nice, fat cable and connecting the Virus 'out' SPDIF RCA to the sound card 'in'. Then hunt around in your sound card settings to see if you can drive the sound card clock from the SPDIF in. (Switch 'clock' from internal to SPDIF in). I'm on an Emu 1212m, but I think all sound cards with SPDIF should have this feature.

The difference, for me, was incredible. Like night and day. YMMV, of course.

Also, far from losing an 'out', you'd get a digital signal from the Virus piped straight in to your sound card so you can eliminate the DAC/ADC conversion losses (and any interference) you'd get from doing it with an analogue cable.

Go the other way and presumably you could use your SPDIF out from the sound card to feed the vocoder and atomizer through the Virus SPDIF in... But I'm not 100% sure of this. I'm still trying to find a way to do that with the Virus running as my sound card.

• HI Dark Fader...sorry i misread it i thought it was Darth lol....is the Spdif connection super stable?...am really tempted to have a go...my setup is finally resonably stable..but that not saying alot.....i imagine the digital connection into my soundcard would be richer than the analogue...however i dont have an issue with conversion as i use a Prism card...so the analogue outs work fine..i actually mix them between Usb and analogue as i like the difference between using the xtra pre pass..although maybe thats subjective..i can alter the clock within the software mixer but i'm not sure i have a spdif cable..but thats simple enough...on a seperate note how are you enjoying the Virus?...i am very impressed by it...this is why i have been putting up with the dodgey software...delving into the mod matrix has been an eye opener!!!....this thing has superb filters..and movement..i have been making some amazing pads with it. :thumbup:

• All I can suggest is trying the SPDIF. Preferably without buying a new cable. ;) it helped me, although the MIDI timing still wobbles around like a drunkard. It is regularly up to a 32nd out, and changes all the time.

With both SPDIF cables connected I seemed to be getting a timing loop or something. The virus was complaining about SPDIF timing errors and the sounds would literally detune by several semitones as I played. I need to find out how to set the virus as source.

Love the virus though. Having access to the controls in hardware makes shaping a sound as I produce much more of an organIc process.