Soft Knobs destination Aftertouch

• In the mod matrix we have "Channel Pressure" as a source, in the soft knob menu we have "Aftertouch" as a destination. Seeing as there is no "Channel Pressure" as a destination in the soft knob menu & no "Aftertouch" in the mod matrix menu, I'm thinking that the mod matrix "Channel Pressure" and soft knob menu "Aftertouch" are meant to be the same thing.

I'm currently working on a patch which has 4 different mod matrix destinations being controlled by "Channel Pressure" I would like to set this patch up so that people who don't have a controller/keyboard with aftertouch can get the same effect by turning one of the soft knobs yet when I select "Aftertouch" as the knob destination nothing happens when I turn the knob.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to set this up & also if the "Aftertouch" is not "Channel Pressure" what does it control?

• I've been through all the sources in the mod matrix & as far as I can tell the "Aftertouch" destination for the soft knobs does not correspond with any of the options in the mod matrix sources.

I can't tell what the "Aftertouch" option actually does & setting up a monitor in Logics environment doesn't help as all I can tell is that soft knob 1 puts out a signal of "Fader 2 106 value" no matter what destination it is assigned to.

Can someone please enlighten me.

• I've had a response from Jorg saying that unfortunately it can't be set up the way I am wanting it to be, the mystery remains about what the "Aftertouch" option in the soft knob destination menu actually does.

Up to now, I've been unable to set it up to have any audible effect on anything. I'd really appreciate if Marc or someone who knew what it did could walk me through a quick example of how to set it up so I can understand what it does, chances are it's something dead simple but I haven't found it yet…

:?: :?: :?: If aftertouch is not aftertouch as we know it, what is it :?: :?: :?:

• I'm having a conversation with myself here, but I guess it's worth posting this info as it might help someone else out in the future.

Jorg has got back to me, there seems to be a bug with this. Fingers crossed it's an easy fix & with the next update we will be able to use soft knob destination "Aftertouch" & be able to hear the effect it has on our patches.

• Yeah I hear you mate.

I'm having a similar problem with the chorus: I assigned Chorus Mix and Chorus Rate to Controller 15 and soft knob 1 controls controller 15 but nothings happening :(
    Also annoying is that the soft knobs still don't allow you to save their state inside a patch, it always reverts to 0.

Edit: nevermind the chorus prob, it's only working for classic chorus I think, the new chorusses aren't linked to the matrix or something like that I guess.
    Still would like to be able to save the state of the soft knobs though.

• Hi Ruari

Do you know if this was ever resolved please? I have this afternoon posted a thread asking about how to assign Aftertouch in the Mod Matrix - but can't find the setting to do that. Is there actually a way to assign aftertouch to control one or more parameters?

Mac OSX Yosemite