OSX: Virus TI eating up too much resources when ON?..

• While trying to determine the reasons for some hardware specific problems with my TI and a new iMac (sync, glitches - I was given a suggestion to get a USB hub to avoid them, still waiting for the package) I tried every single install options, installed components one by one and checked performance after each install. Using very simple Xbench, but enough for this purpose. I installed logic, plugins, everything... no problems until virus control and driver was installed and launched...

What I noticed is that I get a result of 420 - 440 points with virus off and only 330 - 350 while Virus is on. it doesn't have to do anything, just be on. is it really possible for the driver and hardware to eat up almost 20% of performance?!

Can anybody confirm this, I am not running out of my resources yet and the system seems quite powerful, but that is annoying. I wrote to support a couple of days ago, no answer though.

'll appreciate comments here...

• it does not make any difference. it is like this also when daw is closed. don't know, maybe this is normal behaviour, just never noticed that with any other equipment...

• I won't, as soon as somebody confirms similar effect. Marc?..
    like I said, this might be normal, the throughoutput of the usb, and the data virus generates may contribute to this.