[Resolved] Virus S/PDIF configuration

• Hello,

does the Ti Plugin work only with the Analog / USB outputs, and not with the S/PDIF output?

Here's what I did:

I connected the S/PDIF OUT from the Virus to my Saffire 56 S/PDIF IN

Opened Cubase 6 64bit
    Create an Instrument Track with Virus TI
    Go to Common Tab
    Clicked on the Main Out Dropdown, but alas, no S/PDIF output available

I must be missing the obvious, cause if the analogue outputs are available, surely the digital one should be as well?

What am I missing?

• Huh? Are you saying if I want to thave the audio routed through the S/PDIF output I need to select the ANALOG output on the common tab? I really doubt that tbh, it makes no sense what so ever.

Did you actually read my post ?(

• Huh? Are you saying if I want to thave the audio routed through the S/PDIF output I need to select the ANALOG output on the common tab? I really doubt that tbh, it makes no sense what so ever.

I've been using a S/PDIF only configuration until now, I can assure you AtonyB is right.

• First, thanks for the replies.

After much head scratching on my part, I realized that I am a dumbass! Guess what this moron forgot to do? I forgot to create yet another external instrument, which would listen to the S/PDIF inputs on my saffire56. Once I did that, I could actually hear the virus.

This is pretty cool actually, cause this allows me to have 4 individual outputs (while staying in the digital realm), instead of just the 3 USB.

Again, thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

• So, I just tried to do the reverse, ie. sending something via S/PDIF to the Virus. I created a track in Cubase and routed it's output to my Saffire's S/PDIF output, which is connected to the S/PDIF input of the Virus. In the Virus TI plugin, I go to the FX 1 tab and set input to static and L+ R. No sound to be heard. This is supposed to work the way I have it set right?